Monday, March 12, 2007

I came soooo close...

...to really, truly breaking 811 today. Wow. It's so amazing to me how emotions wreak havoc in ourselves, causing us to want to go directly against everything we believe in, and truly honestly want! I'm learning so much about myself.

Today I have to work on taxes. They're due to my CPA tomorrow, so there's no getting around it, no more procrastinating: today IS the day. I sell on Ebay so I have all those lovely business things to figure out - how much were expenses, what can I write off, what profit, etc. The kind of thing you put off until the last minute. So instead today I really wanted to just sit at the computer (we don't have a TV or I'd probably be sitting in front of that, LOL!) and mindlessly eat something. Yes, now that I look back, it was to numb that feeling of dreading to do the taxes.

DH & the kids still eat SAD for the most part, so there was a bag of Fritos in the pantry. I pretty much decided to eat some of those, however much I wanted, and got the bag and put a chip in my mouth. It was weird. Like a battle going on between good & evil or something - and in a split second I realized that I hadn't actually crossed the threshold yet. With the chip still on my tongue, I hadn't chewed it yet, I walked over to the trash and spit it out. I'm not going to give up everything I've worked so hard for - for chips I don't even like all that much anyway.

Part of it is this morning I got on the scale as I do every morning and it was up a pound to 133.2. That really has an effect on me, as much as I protest that it doesn't, that I can "handle" the scale. I'm going to make a promise here & now that I am not going to weigh myself except on a weekly basis when I measure, on Fridays.

I'm off to do my taxes now, after having a nice meal of almonds, dates, and green smoothie.

K I'm back - the day is soon over and I for some reason stayed pretty full, yet didn't get in very many calories. I ate my almonds early in the day and yikes - because of my low calorie content my fat ratio is again up in the teens. Darn it! I'm going to have to lower my fat intake for sure.

It's funny, today I was feeling like my belt was tighter, but when we dropped the kids off at DH's parents to babysit they both commented (separately, without hearing the other) that "there's less of you to hug every time I see you!" and "are you getting skinny??!!". That was cool - it's nice to have affirmations like that especially when I'm having a strange day as far as feeling like I'm gaining or something.

I worked out hard today - did my cardio tape and then my muscle building DVD - I felt like I could barely walk when I was done! My legs were shaking so bad when I was trying to change my daughter while kneeling on the floor, LOL. It felt really good though.

Food (can you tell we're running out, and that we mostly have apples? LOL!):

7 apples
7 bananas
2 bunches spinach
1 oz. almonds (22)

Calories: 1535
76/9/15

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah I had to start weighing once a week too. Water weight just keeps going up and down...it's hard to tell! You're doing great, that's SO awesome that you said no to the Frito!

Tereza said...

Hey Sherah
133 sounds like a dream right now!
I was that little before my first pregnancy! You don't want to know how much i weigh now!
Anyways as you've probably already noticed I changed my blog to invitation only and deleted alot of stuff. Come by and visit and please leave a comment if you have a moment so I know it works:) I sent you an invitation!

Anonymous said...

GREAT job not giving in to the temptation!! You should be so proud of yourself for that!
Yeah, weighing too much can be discouraging, esp around our time of the month. :/ I have a problem with the scale, too. That is wonderful you're already getting compliments on your progress. That definitely means more than what the scale says.

Sherah said...

Sunflower!!! Good to hear from you - and yes, I did get the link & thanks for the invite. I'll be reading your blog often as I usually do. =)

LOL trust me on this one, I can TOTALLY relate to being pregnant and having gained a bunch of weight! You look at all these cute little moms who had their babies like 9-10 months ago and think it's so very far away. But I know you - you seem to drop the weight pretty well, at least from what I've seen. But seriously, give yourself a break: it's your 8th baby in what, 14 years? I think you're doing fabulous!! ((((hugs)))

Tereza said...

Sherah
What diet is this. Do you not eat meat or any bread, pasta etc? Is there a website i can check out? Seriously...tons of fruit and veggies sounds more healthy than the atkins diet but i am not sure of all the details so I'd love to check it out. Is this something you can do while nursing? thanks.

Tereza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.