Friday, March 09, 2007

Day 7: 2lbs down, 2.75" down!

I'm so thrilled with my one week results! I totally do NOT care about the pounds, it's the inches I'm most excited about. So when I started I weighed 134, and am now at 132. I haven't weighed in the 20's since I got married, almost 10 year ago. I am going to be rejoicing with HUGE jubilation when I reach 129!! Who knows...maybe for next week's weigh-in?

By the way, 8 days is the most I've managed to be raw in a row since my miscarriage in October. I was 100% raw from August 1-October 21st or so and then kind of lost heart for a while after losing the baby. So when I write "Day 9" in this journal I'm going to be a happy camper indeed.

I have some awesome news. I am so excited about this - because it's going to be a milestone for me, something I have NEVER been able to do before. DH and I are going to Arizona without the kids! OMG I can't believe it - it's like 90 degrees there. Compared to our typically rainy 50's Oregon, this is going to be culture shock for sure. He's going there on a business trip with his partner & the wives are coming along - we're good friends from church.

Ha! I thought last night was the big test? Uh-uh. It's going to be this trip, for sure. We've always talked about doing something like this, and actually we did go to Florida about 5 years ago and have since said we really need to do that again....but you know how it goes. Time just kind of flows by.

I was thinking in slight dread of all the restaurants we are going to frequent. We'll be flying in on Friday morning and leaving Monday morning so that makes for 2 1/2 solid days of eating out. I doubt they're going to book a hotel room w/a kitchen but that actually probably doesn't really matter. All I need is a sink and somewhere to store all my YUMMY FRUITS I'm going to buy. I've been lamenting over the fact that it's not summer here, and I can't wait for the seasonal fruit, blah blah blah. YAY I'm actually going somewhere where it IS summer!

I just checked, and they have a Whole Foods there in Phoenix - I've never even seen one of those, but I keep hearing from Sarah and Harmony about their watermelon....mmmm. We don't have that available here yet. So here's my plan. Upon arrival, as soon as possible, I'm going to go to the store and stock up on yummy food to eat. I'll get lots of bananas to carry in my purse while shopping, etc - I love how compatible fresh fruit is to just pack around. It doesn't spoil easily like meat or cheese would. And I don't even need a fridge! The plane ride will only be about 2 hours so I can easily pack fruit for the trip.

So strawberries, melons, berries, peaches, and whatever else they have, here I come! I know it's going to be an interesting time - I'm good friends with the other wife who is going along, and I know she tries to eat healthy, but is probably not going to since it's a special trip - just like I totally wouldn't eat healthy if I wasn't on 80/10/10 right now. So I'm going to try to be as uninvasive as possible, descrete, and eat ALOT before we even enter the restaurant - especially since I don't want to pay big $$ for alot of meals anyway.

I'm off to list a bunch of clothes on Ebay to make some $$ - I don't plan on spending much, but I need to make sure I have enough money to buy the food I need. =)

Food:

3.5 apples
7.5 bananas
1.5 bunch spinach
20 almonds
25 dates
20 baby carrots
1 broccoli floweret
1/4 cup peas in pod (yum!)
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes

Calories: 2054
82/8/10

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congratulations on 1 week! You made it! That's so great. :)

Good luck over the weekend also. I haven't had to face a trip yet - but I think I'd do the same as you - pack lots of ripe bananas and some dates and order scrumptious salads everywhere!

BTW, 2 quick things:

1) I lived in Portland, OR from 1999-2004. Miss it SO much (but not the weather).

2) Send me your Ebay username sometime, I'll look up your clothes. I'm always looking for cute branded dresses for my 2yr old dd on Ebay!

3) (okay, 3rd thing, sorry I'm so wordy) - I haven't been to Whole Foods in awhile. I've actually bought all my watermelon from Kroger or Target, and they're not organic but oh man, they're so good!