Thursday, March 08, 2007

Day 6: The TRUE Test!!

The day is only half over, but DH & I decided we really need to go out on a date. We've got a sitter all lined up (my sister). You can lose touch after a while, you know? So tonight we're going out for dinner & a movie, and this is going to be a challenge for me. Notice I'm posting it on the blog? That's for accountability. We won a gift card a couple of weeks ago for $25 to my favorite cuisine, which is an Italian restaurant. Pasta, bread, wine - all SAD favorites of mine. Or should I say, previous favorites. =) I rarely get to eat out so this is something I've always looked forward to, the "it's ok once in a while" excuse to eat whatever.

I've been there while eating raw before, and ate their salad smothered in Italian dressing, cooked veggies, and salmon. I tried to be good, at least, and not eat chicken or red meat. But felt kind of yucky afterwards. Well, tonight I want to feel INCREDIBLE after eating there, not stuffed and completely awful like everyone else. Most of all, I want to continue on my journey and not feel like I let myself down. So this is my pledge to you, to myself, that I will continue on with my 100% 811 diet tonight.

My plan of battle is to make a huge green smoothie, which is a great tool for me when it comes to cravings, and drink it up on the way there. That way I won't be hungry for the bottomless Italian dressing salad they serve. I plan to ask them if they can give me some salad on the side with no dressing, and that's just what I'll eat - with lemon water. While DH eats his steak (which completely grosses me out so no temptation there, LOL!), bread, and wine.

I usually do totally fine during movies, not tempted so much by the popcorn, pop, nachos, etc. So that should be OK as long as I have a banana tucked in my purse and/or some of my smoothie still left.

I'll be back!! =)

I'm back now, it turned out to be a really nice time. I didn't have any doubts about that, but the food wasn't so hard. We ended up going to a place called Baja Fresh instead, which caters to the quicker eaters than a sit-down restaurant for a 2-hour meal. They have the yummiest mexican food there, all fresh, no microwaves/freezers/canned anything. I had a huge smoothie before I went, so I sipped on my lime water while DH ate steak/chicken fajitas with "the works".

I tasted a tiny piece of his salsa - it was one diced tomato. Wow. It was really salty! And I can almost still taste the onion or garlic on it, I'm not sure which. It was like if I were to eat a bunch of that on a chip, I'd probably pass out from it being just too much salt. I noticed for the first time how big the servings we usually get are - and how much food is wasted when people can't eat it all. The food all looked really delicious to me and I could have eaten most of it - even the meat - but afterwards just like I thought, I was really glad I didn't.

Over all, today was a much better day than yesterday, thankfully. I can't believe I'm at the end of my sixth day, woohoo!!! Tomorrow I get to post my weight & inch loss - looking forward to that!

I realized today that eating 1oz. of almonds only constitutes 10% IF I eat quite a few calories, all of which are low in fat. So today I ate alot more juicy fruit, less bananas, and even though I ate my normal 22 almonds - actually 25 - it came out to 14% fat! Yikes! I'll have to trim it down to maybe 20 almonds in the future, just to be safe.

Food:

1 whole pineapple (that was a yummy breakfast!)
25 almonds
25 dates
1 3/4 orange
1 big bunch spinach
1/2 a celery stalk
1 banana
2 1/2 apples

Calories: 1480
79/7/14

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sherah, I'm pretty sure that bananas are extremely low in fat - it's all carbs. So whenever I want to up my carbs quickly if I want fats, I use bananas and dates (which are similar in caloronutrient ratio).

Sarah said...

Oh - also, you don't have to get exactly to 80/10/10 every single day. Just make sure it averages out to around 80/10/10 over the long term. Sometimes I use nutridiary to do a weekly or monthly report of my ratios...and even though I have a higher fat day here and there, over the week or month it averages out, so no biggie.

Sherah said...

I just saw these comments - thanks Sarah, that is really good to know. I'm looking forward to getting the book soon - I think that'll clear up alot of questions I have. Great idea on the bananas - they're way less expensive than dates to use as a "filler". =)