Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Day 4: Down a belt notch!

Well, kind of. LOL. I have one of those belts that has big, like the size of a dime, widely spaced round chunky holes to put the belt buckle into. When you're losing weight this can be annoying because the belt holes are literally one full inch apart. So I took a pair of scissors and cut three extra tiny holes in between the big ones - you can't even tell unless you look really close. So yesterday I started noticing that my jeans are getting kind of loose at the waist, just a tad, so when I bend over & stand up they don't want to stay properly. This morning I put them on the next notch and yay - it looks OK! My "muffin" doesn't look any worse, like it would have 5 days ago if I'd made the waist tighter.

My food today so far, is really tasteful. I sat here and chowed down on a bunch of celery, like maybe 8 stalks of it minus the leaves, and enjoyed the taste of the salty and sweet, crunchy and juicy. Then I ate a banana and it's really yummy! I don't remember enjoying bananas like this in the past - they're usually just something to quickly eat when I'm hungry. Not something to be enjoyed, so much. Interesting. I wonder if my taste buds are starting to change?

I just wanted to share that - gotta' celebrate the small victories! It's still morning so I'll post more later. =)

I'm back! Today I went lighter on the exercise - I did Awesome Legs, Secret to a Flat Stomach, and my cardio exercise. I posted on www.freecycle.org that I was in search of a double stroller because my 2 year old loves to go on bike rides with us, but with just a single stroller she has to rider her bike (10 mo. old goes in the stroller) and goes verrrrry slow. It's not much of a workout. So to my delight, someone answered me within hours saying they had one for me - so we drove about 15 minutes away to pick it up. The kids were elated that we could go for a walk because I've been telling them no since we don't have a double stroller. So we rushed home in time to take a short 15 minute walk as it was getting dark outside. The time change next time will be nice in that respect; more daylight hours for walks after school gets out!

Not much to say as far as food goes - I ate the normal, although I did throw together a huge salad of green leaf lettuce, a cup of diced pineapple, a mango, and about 6 cherry tomatoes. I blended together some mango & water for the dressing. It wasn't that great...and afterwards my stomach pretty much let me know with these weird, almost sharp pains, that it didn't like that combo much. I haven't had pineapple yet so that was something "new" for me since I started; it's kind of heavy or rich or something. Like I don't know if I could just pick up an entire pineapple and just eat the whole thing.

Food:

9.5 oz. celery
5 bananas
33 dates
22 almonds (1 oz)
1 small head green leaf lettuce
1 mango
1 cup pineapple
6 cherry tomatoes
1 orange

Calories: 1824
84/6/10

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay for 1 belt hole down! I hear what you're saying about the bananas - I used to have the exact same attitude about them and something shifted recently.