Sunday, March 11, 2007

Day 9: I "cheated" but it's all good!

I love this feeling! I was really hungry today, should've eaten more fruit, I know, but the 22 almonds I had were soooo good! So I carefully counted out 22 more and ate them as well. It felt good later, to think back and realize that I considered "cheating" to be eating too many almonds as opposed to half a bag of chips, or some kind of chocolate like Sarah had said in her blog. Yay! I really feel like I'm making progress and it amazes me how food is really not on my mind very much. THAT is nice.

So my fat ratio is going to be a bit high, but as Sarah reminded me, it isn't so much the day by day ratio, getting it exact, as it is if you look at the weekly picture. So I think I'm OK.

I tried a pummelo today and didn't like it that much. But then, I'm not a huge grapefruit fan so that's probably why. It was HUGE and it felt weird to be eating something that big! I ate the whole thing for breakfast and almost choked on the white stuff that sticks to the actual fruit part. It was a good way to shake up what I normally eat, though - I can see where it'd be easy to get stuck in a rut while eating 811.

Food:

1 Pummelo
1/2 bunch of spinach
5 bananas
1 apple
44 almonds
25 dates
3 oranges

Calories: 1976
77/7/16

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've tried pummelo a couple times, but just can't get myself to like it. It seems weird to me, too, like a big alien grapefruit with too much pith! It might be worth another try for both of us down the road as our tastebuds change and learn to appreciate our natural foods more. I'm actually liking bananas lately and used to say I hated them!

I bet those almonds were worth the small "cheat". :)

Sherah said...

LOL! Yes they were - but the scale was up a tiny bit this morning. I think I should just throw it away because it really affects me even though I don't mean for it to. The first thing is well gosh, I'm not losing ANYTHING this week so who cares............might as well binge on something. =(

Sarah said...

Ummmmm I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear - but I don't think you really are supposed to eat the white stuff.... I just peel it all off and just eat the juicy little parts! I don't think I could stomach the fibrous white parts at all!!!!

So sorry about your bad pummelo experience LOL