Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Day 11

I was headed to bed, then remembered I hadn't written anything today! I'm realizing that I am such a now sort of person. I was tempted several times today while looking at the different parts of my body that I feel still need alot of help - mostly my arms, tummy, and back. And getting tempted to get discouraged - maybe this isn't what I thought it was, maybe it isn't going to work for me, etc.

So I'm really thankful for those who have gone before me and posted in their blog, especially Sarah, who got me inspired to start 80-10-10. And who keep going on, even though the temptations arise. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed at the thought of battling addiction to cooked food this weekend while I'm in Arizona. It's kind of like the death of a loved one or something - obviously not nearly as intense - but it saddens me to think that I can probably never eat "normal" again, knowing what I know.

I have alot of cherished memories of going out to eat with DH while on vacation, or just for dates - Mexican, Chinese, Thai, Italian. We really enjoyed those times, and I just loved looking forward to the good food, etc. So that part of me is wondering if I can really do this. For life?

I don't feel that fabulous, not in huge proportions in comparison to how I felt on SAD. True I do have extra energy, more like an extra bounce in my step than anything. I still feel really tired at times. I have good days & bad days like I used to.

And then it struck me: it's only day eleven! So I'm determined to give it 30 days straight without cheating, and see what my evaluation is then, of 80-10-10. It's not like it's damaging to my health or anything, not like some of the other crazy diets out there. (granted, many would probably think this IS a crazy diet, LOL!)

Talk to me on day 30. Let me compare my measurements, how I feel, what I think. Then we'll see if it's all it's cracked up to be, if I just set myself up for disappointment -again- or if it is truly what I have been searching for for years. The way to true health and even balance in my body so that I can really be the mom I want to be, the wife and friend.

I'm getting bored of the things I've been eating day in & day out. The only thing I really want to eat is lots of almonds, and my favorite salad: mangos, lettuce, avocados, topped with a mango/macadamia nut dressing. I think I should definitely treat myself this weekend in Arizona - buy the organic strawberries or whatever else that is different than what I've been eating so I can kind of get out of this rut I'm in with food. So without further to-do, today's food...

Food:

7.5 bananas
1/2 apple
6 cups romaine
2 small honey oranges (disappointly bland and non-organic - I'll have to try organic definitely!)
22 almonds (I tried eating just 10, but later I just *had* to have more. Ah, well....)
20 dates (Aaack! I only have 10 of these left!)
2 medium regular oranges

Calories: 1726
82/7/11

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely feel this way sometimes, Sherah! I reallu understand. It's so hard to have a "normal" eating DH who still wants to go out to eat. That's how we entertained ourselves a lot and it was fun! We enjoyed eating all those comfort foods together. Now we often don't eat together and have a hard time figuring out what to do on the weekends. :( We need to learn new fun non-food things to do together. It'll be easier with the warm weather, I'm sure. A good trick is to not think of it as "never again for the rest of my life". Just focus on your short-term goal and remind yourself that the favorite foods will still be there for you at the end of that goal, if you want them. You're not depriving yourself of cooked food - you're treating yourself superbly by filling your body with the healthiest foods. And every time you do this, you're healing more and more, and your body thanks you. Hang in there, you're doing great!
And yes, definitely try the cubed mangos with lime juice - YUM YUM YUM!!! This is my staple now. :D

Sherah said...

Thanks Harmony, that's really good to remember. I think we tend to flip out (at least I do!) when told we "can't" "ever" have something. But to say you know what? I can choose to have that if I want to. That makes all the difference.

DH & I don't have TV, but we like to watch movies together & our favorite shows when they come out on DVD. So that is one thing we've found to do, especially when the kids are in bed.

I'm totally going to try the mango lime - yummo!

Sarah said...

Harmony had good advice! Cooked food will always be out there should you choose to go back to it. So I think you're doing a great thing by committing to this for just 30 days! Maybe after 30 you'll want to try 60 and maybe you won't... but that's kinda what I was thinking in my own head when I started. :) When I hit 30 I was feeling great and decided to push on to 60.

Hang in there and definitely treat yourself lots (maybe have a higher fat weekend in Arizona if that's what helps), buy lots of fun fruit you don't normally buy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sherah,
I miss your posts, and hope you're doing well!
:D

Sarah Parker said...

Hah, I was just coming here to bug Sherah too. Whereeee areeeee youuuuuu.... talk to us please. :)

Hope you're having a wonderful week!
Sarah