I was pretty happy with how today went. I don't know how some people do the 811 without eating anything in the morning, though. I just can't handle it - my blood sugar gets really low and I start shaking and then can't handle anything with the kids. So getting ready for church today I quickly made myself a green smoothie with a whole head of Romaine, 2 apples, and 3 bananas. Oh and also 22 oz. of water. So I drank half of that around 9-9:30 am, and the rest I had at 11:30am or so.
Looking back, though, I didn't do such a good job eating actual "meals" like I had hoped. Dr. D says that is why some people fail the 80-10-10 but with my blood sugar problem, I think it works better for me if I eat small meals throughout the day. I am having a hard time with the calorie issue, though. I'm not sure how much I should be getting - I tend to want to limit myself so I don't eat too many calories. I guess I really need to buy the book, we just don't have the money for it right now. I would totally buy it used but it seems to only be available online for $29.99 plus shipping. Ouch. I never pay that much for books!
But anyway, I hate being hungry. I despise that mentality that I must limit myself so I always have just barely an "edge" of hunger. That is not something I'm going to be able to stick to for very long, so hopefully I can fill up on the juicier fruits like mangos, pineapples, oranges, apples - instead of so many bananas. Those and the dates really add to the calorie count. I can't wait for summer when luscious melons, berries, etc etc etc!!!! will be available. Peaches!!! Mmmmmm!
So church turned out awesome!! I think keeping busy is *key* factor for me, I don't feel as hungry when my heartrate is up & I'm with people, animated, talking, etc. I got some exercise by holding my 10 month old on my right arm/hip for 15 min. and pushing my 2 & 4 year olds on the swings. They wanted to go high, and they're kind of wimpy little toddler swings that require you to keep pushing or they'll slow down. My arms were about dead when I was done, LOL!
I munched on 25 dates & about 12 almonds when I got home - I am trying to keep my actual fat (like from almonds, nuts) almost to none every day. Sarah had good results keeping her ratios more like 89/7/4 and yesterday I was totally at 10 for protein. I wonder if this is even something to stress over? I just REALLY want this to work, not find out like weeks later that I was doing it all wrong with little to no results. Since I am a "less to lose" with about 20 pounds to lose until I'm at my absolute minimum, I don't know how long it's actually going to take.
I went grocery shopping like I always do every Sunday, and I wasn't sure how that was going to go. It isn't much fun going shopping for food when you can't eat any of it, or at least, hardly any of it. But I did really well!! Towards the end I started to feel really tired but gosh, that's because it was almost 10pm so I should be feeling tired anyway. I was on my 4th store of the night. I bought 7 mango's at 99cents each, and also four big pineapples. Not organic, but we just absolutely cannot afford that right now, so I'm going to do the best I can, with what I've got.
Oh!!! I wanted to say - the checker at one of the stores tonight commented on the strange variety of things I was getting. (Pineapple, yogurt, bologna, etc) I said yeah, well maybe I have kids who have funny tastes, LOL. He said that I didn't look like someone who could have many kids, and I said I have five. He did a double take and said wow, you don't look like someone who has that many kids! You look way younger. That was interesting - I mean, I have been raw for the most part for 8 months so that could be why. Obviously it's not the 811 because this is only day 2. It's probably because I've lost alot of weight and my face is alot skinnier too. Anyway, just wanted to share. =)
This summer we're going to be a part of a co-op and I'm REALLY excited about that!!! It costs about $26 a week, and we'll receive a big box of food delivered to our door from a local organic farm. Then in August we'll be invited to the farm to pick as many tomatoes as we want - I plan to practically live on cherry tomatoes then!! I hope they freeze ok.
Food:
8 Bananas
3 Oranges
2 Apples
1 Head of romaine
25 Dates
12 Almonds
Calories: 1916
87/7/6
So it's 10:40 and I still need to put all the groceries away so I'm going to see if I can be in bed with the lights out, at 11pm. G'night!
2 comments:
You sound like you're doing really well, Sherah! I'll encourage you to push on for the first 2 weeks. In my (limited) experience, after that, it got exponentially easier. It was like the further away I got from my last cooked meal, the faster I moved on!
If it helps - I also think that vigorous (to me) exercise every morning before I ate anything also helped greatly in the beginning - not only physically but mentally as well. It was like, after I worked up a sweat, I didn't want to spoil the rest of the day by giving in to cravings. :)
Keep going strong! You can totally do it.
Thanks Sarah! Yes I'm definitely going to go for 2 weeks - it's different this time, I am really inspired and have no interest in quitting (yay!). My goal is to give it 30 days and if I like what I see, I'll keep going.
Thanks for the exercise tip. I did my vigorous exercise this morning and it helped me to wake up - and I totally know what you mean about not wanting to "waste" my hard earned exercise on food.
Right now my main temptation is nuts, so I'm trying to be good. Right before I started 80-10-10 I orderd $200 worth of nuts, dates, seeds...online and now I have these HUGE 5-lb bags of just about every nut I like. Good thing they keep for a long time, LOL!
Post a Comment