Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Week 33: Day 2 ~ 9 Days Raw!

Today has been yet another haze of pain. I can't believe how painful a toothache is!! I can only liken it to labor pain, but mostly because it is always constant and NEVER goes away no matter what I do - and I feel so helpless, just like in labor. That feeling of "I can't do this anymore!!!!" yet having no choice, just watching the clock tick-tock-tick-tock through the long night.

This morning I called first thing and they had an appointment at 10am, so I was super happy about that! I got the same answer, that the only thing that is really going to fix the problem is a root canal (now 14 days away) BUT they did prescribe antibiotics to get rid of the infection. The Dr. said in most cases this will take care of the pain as well - I am so praying that it will be so!!!! Bad news is, it takes about 2 days to notice any effects of the medicine...so I am faced with yet another night of sleepless pacing the floor and crying at intervals. Such a helpless feeling, and I will NEVER take for granted my painless mouth again!!

On the raw food homefront, last night I ended up eating one of those sandwiches. It was interesting trying to tackle that feat with such a sore mouth, but I really enjoyed it and I felt that it was not detrimental to my goal. Today I was 100% raw again, although I have to say that I pretty much have no appetite. The pain is making me nauseous but at the same time, I can't tell if I'm nauseous because I need to eat or because of the throbbing mouth. It's weird how something so tiny as a little bit of bad bacteria can cause such a life-altering state of pain.

I cried alot today, I am normally a private person and it's hard for me to cry in front of my children - but today, nope. It totally didn't matter, I honestly don't think I could have gotten through the day sane without having a good cry whenever it became just too much. Lack of sleep always does that to me when I have a new baby, too - everything becomes far more emotional and NEEDS an emotional cry to "get it out" so to speak. It's hard to be so restricted on pain meds because of being pregnant - the Vicadin is the only thing that helps somewhat (Tylenol doesn't even faze it) and I am so afraid to use more than 2 doses per day! Even that, I wish I didn't have to - but I literally feel like clawing my face off when the pain gets so extreme, aaack!

I'm off to go take my 3rd dose of antibiotics and Vicadin, which will hopefully give me at least an hour's good sleep (it's a little after midnight now). I feel like if I can sleep even a little bit, it helps alot. I'm super happy that I've been raw this long and I can definitely see a change in my body shape. I feel like I'm more "all belly" now, and I feel better in my clothes. I wish I could be walking these days but the toothache/lack of sleep has put a stop to that for now. But I also feel like I'm giving my body the nutrition it needs to fight the infection so that's good.

G'night!

No comments: