It's almost 1pm. As I was in the kitchen just now preparing for our supper, such a feeling of happiness and thankfulness for my life came over me. I can so truly, honestly, say that I love my life!! It was come to me over and over, echoed many times in the words of Tereza on her blog, that YES it does get tiring and YES sometimes I feel like I'm doing the same thing over & over and it just never ends.
But those times do pass, and I can honestly say that my life with all it's ups & downs, different situations both good & bad, is better than I ever imagined it would be.
I love being a Mom to so many little ones, 7 born so close together in barely 10 years. I love that they need me and I am the one they love SO much - that unconditional love even when I know I haven't been the nicest Mom that particular day.
I love to think about what to make for dinner, and to plan out the yummy recipes - carefully taking note of whether it was liked/disliked by the children and/or DH. I love that we all eat dinner together most nights and I love watching my family partake of the food I worked hard to make - and that it's up to me to make that mealtime a warm, good place.
And no, in case you're wondering, they do not always rejoice with me and thank me with many exclamation's of "I love this, Mom!". LOL. That would be way too easy - no, many times I have worked hard for several hours to make a dinner and they all reject it with major attitude which might even include tears and gagging. But that's OK - (and yes they have to eat it anyway!) because I am still able to keep that joy in my heart knowing that I have done this before God as a servant of Him to make my home a warm place.
Tonight we're having lasagna, french bread, salad, and chocolate pudding cake - all made from scratch with 100% of Mama's love & care. NOT 100% of Mama's begrudging, I-hate-my-life attitude. Makes alot of difference in how it tastes! =) Ooooh yes, and I love the smells that waft through my home when I'm making these things! I love that my husband gets to walk through the door hungry after work and is met with mouth-watering smells.
I love how we're working hard as a team, my husband & I, to get out of debt and faithfully pay each month those that we owe. It takes careful planning and sticking to our budget even when there is discomfort - and the rewards of just knowing we're being faithful to that alone have been great! I love that we have a goal and that we're not going to be in debt for the rest of our lives. The financial freedom we gained from going through Financial Peace University 2 years ago was life-changing!!
I love my job as a homemaker and that even though it seems like I'm pretty much always behind on some level, that I find joy in making my home a cozy and warm place to be. I love finding little things at Goodwill or garage sales that make it that way, a candleholder here or a picture there - and I love that I have the energy, and physical ability to work to make it a tidy home too. Or at least, I do now - lol! Ask me after the baby is here and I might have a little different story....
I love that I've found the key to my own physical health and that I know what to do, even though it's often hard for me to actually DO it. I love the assurance that if I got ill I would know how to cure my health and/or my children's health - due to the things I've learned and the internet search engines. It's so wonderful not to be dependent on the health care system for every little thing, to know that there is a different way that does not involve regular medicine!
1 comment:
funny you should mention my name right now.....we had lasagna and salad and french/garlic bread tonight too....and I'm feeling overwhelmed by one childs attitude right now:):):)......but like you said.....it doesn't matter because all that I do I must do unto God and not so I can get a pat on my shoulder from my teenagers....though when they do express some sort of thankfulness it sure feels nice!!
PS: I ate the dairy filled lasagne....and now I feel bloated and am kind of mad at myself....BUT tomorrow I'm going to be 90% raw!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment