Monday, May 11, 2009

Week 32, Day 2 ~ Day 2 of 30 days raw!

I felt so good today!! Part of it I know has to do with the psychological fact that I know I'm doing what I should be, but I really did feel fabulous in my body too. I loved it! I was able to do every single thing on my list except for drink 1 gallon of water - I forgot to measure how much I drank. But seriously, check out what I ate today:

Lots of water
1 T. Sesame Seed Oil, swished for 20 min. and then spit out
4 cups of watermelon
Chocolate pudding: 2 jumbo avocados, 2 cups water, 2T. cocoa powder, 4T. Agave, 1/3 c. coconut flakes
1 Thai coconut (including about 1 1/2 cups liquid)
4 cups Mother's Brew tea
3 capsules Prenatal vitamins (should be 6, but I forgot until late evening!)

Smoothie with:
1 bunch of spinach, about 8oz.
2.5 frozen bananas
1.5 T. ground flax seed
3 cups water
1 T. bee pollen
1.5 cups frozen mixed fruit (honeydew melon, peaches, strawberries)

So much liquid! So I don't think I really need to drink 1 gallon of water, cuz otherwise I would be seriously oversaturated. As it is right now, I just downed the liquid of a thai coconut AND I have 2 cups of Mother's tea still to drink. Right before bed, great idea. LOL.

I'm learning that if I can cross off as much on my list as possible early in the morning, then it's easier to complete it. Before I took my shower this morning while the house was fast asleep, I did my whole skin brushing routine - it takes about 5 minutes which (while annoying in my half-asleep state!) isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

I'm very happy with the even, natural feeling energy I had today as well as my emotions being pretty calm. There was one point where I got upset at DD3 because she kept hurting DS1 on purpose to get my attention but afterwards I realized that I had waited too long to eat something and my body was not able to handle the stress of dealing with a disobedient child at that point. So, something to work on tomorrow - make my green smoothie ahead of time so I can just grab it when I start feeling hungry.

During naptime DD4 and DS6 and I planted lots of flowers! In all, we planted 32 pots of flowers including 2 kinds of royal blue Lobelia, yellow Marigolds, pink Sweet William, red Ivy Geraniums, and purple Petunias - and I remember at one point thinking I felt SO comfortable! Sitting there in a largely-pregnant-position crossing my legs on the grass so as to accomodate my baby belly, I felt totally and completely at ease. No discomfort whatsoever. I found it to be really cool that I could plant that many flowers and not get totally and completely wiped out. After that I enjoyed about 45 minutes laying in the sun which was a bonus, since today was actually supposed to be cloudy & rainy. Score!

I'll go edit my post yesterday, but I wanted to say that my beginning weight for the 30-day challenge was 161 and that is my all-time high for this pregnancy, 34 lbs gained. Today I was down to 159 which is totally normal and happens every single time I'm raw for one day: I lose 2lbs. It's the salt which retains water, and also the heavy weight of the SAD food that's still in my system. I had alot of BM's today so I can tell my body is getting rid of some stuff still from my lovely 6-chocolate-chunk-cookie chow-down on Saturday.

I was also able to go for a 25 minute power walk tonight, which felt awesome - I hope I can do it much more often now that it's light outside later in the day. I didn't get to yesterday, it just wasn't practical with the family's needs and I'm fine with that - which is why my goal is 5x per week instead of every day.

I sure am enjoying that huge giganto bag of 2.5lbs of already cut/washed baby spinach for $3.49 I got at Costco! You can't beat that deep, rich green color that is full of nutrients especially for my lil baby! This site quotes,

Calorie for calorie, leafy green vegetables like spinach with its delicate texture and jade green color provide more nutrients than any other food.


Gotta' up that spinach content each day!

No comments: