Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Week 32: Day 3 ~ Cornbread & Mexican Casserole?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm it smelled so good at dinner!! Fresh, warm cornbread straight from the oven made from scratch with melted real butter and honey. Mexican casserole filled with layers of black beans, ripped corn tortillas, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, salsa, taco seasoned ground beef, and topped with fresh cilantro...served with shredded lettuce & Tobasco for those who like a kick (I do!). I was so so so tempted just to give in and plant myself in front of the computer aka my entertainment, and mindlessly just CHOW (DH ate super quick & left for church so it's just me & the kids have already eaten, thus the computer eating for me).

For some reason day 3 is usually hardest for me. I think it's because I feel really good and all too easily FORGET how awful I feel when I eat regular food. All I can remember are the immediate senses which tell me how yummy it is in my mouth, and then I start suffering the consequences approx. 10 minutes afterwards.

But I didn't indulge tonight and I'm super glad! Well, the temptation is still there since I have to put it all away now and I'm hungry BUT! But I have a huge yummy delicious watermelon chillin' in the fridge that I'm going to partake of in a minute. I thought about how LAME it would be to have to post on here that "I ate some SAD but I'm back up & still on my 30-day raw challenge!". I really want to make it this time!

My weight was down a pound again today, so I'm at 158 now with 3lbs lost since day 1. I'm really trying to work in more greens today...so far I've had about 4 cups of spinach and I'm hoping to have some salad later on. I feel THIN today but I know it's just a state of mind - there's not much that could have really changed in that much time. I am pretty sore from yesterday's power walk though, which is good! Baby is also very active too...another good thing. My next doctor's appt is on Thursday so we'll see what she says - hopefully all is well and the baby is loving all the raw nourishment!

1 comment:

Tereza said...

ooooh I forgot I have a water melon in the basement fridge!!......Now I know what I'll eat tomorrow:)