Whew, it's been an interesting day! I have this awful toothache that is basically always hurting - and at times is such piercing pain that it wakes me up in the night. Last night I went to bed at a decent time, 10:30, but didn't actually get to sleep until almost 1am due to sitting in the living room twice with an ice pack trying to control this raging toothache. So a word of warning: don't put off going to the dentist literally for years like I did!
I now have TWO root canals needed, to the tune of $615 each - and after a call to the dentist a few days again, I was told there really is nothing they can do until my root canal scheduled for the 1st of June. Yes, JUNE! Don't even ask me how I'm going to be able to bear with this pain day in & day out for 24 more days (can you tell I'm counting?! ) but it kind of reminds me of morning sickness so...I've just resigned myself to getting through one day at a time.
The good news is, once I do get the root canal and the pain is gone, I'll only have one month left until the baby is due. That's a good thing! My dentist has prescribed Vicadin for the pain, but I am not touching that with a ten-foot pole. He told me it does go through the placental barrier and thus could get to the baby so to take it very sparingly and only when absolutely needed. I am even reluctant to take Tylenol when I'm pregnant so that is all I am allowing myself to have, and *only* when I go to bed at night so I can sleep. Ice packs help, thankfully!
So anyway this morning, with my mouth hurting something fierce, I got the children ready for school and we all trooped out to the car. DD 9 is scheduled to get her pictures taken at Walmart after school so we spent some extra time french braiding her hair - making us almost late. Then she decided that she hated it and yanked it all out, which I told her was rude and not very nice when I had just spent alot of time on it. I felt bad about saying that later - it put her in a bad mood. =(
I couldn't find my keys but remembered that DH ran to the store late last night after hot-tubbing with some friends to get some milk & bread, and sometimes he leaves the keys in the car. Sure 'nuff, they were in the ignition - not such a good thing, but that's OK, at least I found them! After getting half the kids in the car (remember I'm super hungry at this point because I haven't eaten breakfast yet, mouth hurting, feeling bad about my attitude towards DD9, and we're almost late for school) I went to turn on the car to get it at least a little warmed up.
Click. Click. Click.
Yep, the keys were turned in the ignition, meaning the battery had drained all night. It was one of those things. I could make a choice - get completely irritated and take it out on the kids OR just calmly go back in the house with them and decide what to do. It was interesting but I was able to handle it well - I'm thankful for that, but kind of threw me off track for the rest of the day. I was going to walk them to school (about 1/2 mile away) but the weather was a bit risky and I've got a bunch of littles with colds. So I sent the older two to walk to school and kept the Kinder home - and I'll have to cancel the Walmart pictures appt.
So that's my morning so far. The good news is, I decided to get off my duff on the computer and start cleaning so my house looks really nice! Okay, half of it does. There's still a pile of dishes, floors to clean, laundry to fold, dinner to make, bathrooms to clean, and bedrooms to tidy/vacuum. I'm not going to be unrealistic and think I can actually get all of that done today, either. LOL! My house pretty much never looks "all the way" clean. But that's OK - that's just life.
Exercise-wise I've had to call it quits on weightlifting - I'm just getting too weary every day with not sleeping because of my throbbing mouth, and just feeling bulky and tired in general. My diet has also not been very good, but I've resolved to continue to eat raw as much as I can, and go powerwalking for at least 20 minutes every day if I get the chance. It's hard to do because I never really feel like it, but I know the results are going to be worth it. Last night I went walking after dinner and I was having lots of braxton hicks + those knifing little twinges that happen in the later pregnancy...so that makes me wonder how walking will be when I get even closer. I know it's good for me, though - if I can just keep it up!
Weight wise, oh my gosh I am increasing at an alarming rate! It's like if I go even 2 days eating mostly normal food, my weight shoots up. Here are the updated weight stats:
Pre-pregnancy starting weight: 127
Weeks 8-15: 130/140
Weeks 16-20: 144/150
Weeks 21-25: 152/153
Week 26: 153
Week 27: 152
Week 28: 151
Week 29: 153
Week 30: 156
Week 31: 159
2 comments:
Aaaaw Sherah toothaches suck! I hope you can be somewhat pain free till your appointment!
You know what....just quit thinking about the weight!.....Your a mother and well that's just what happens when your preggers.....noone can watch the weight 100% of the time(except maybe jingee:):).....Just keep on doing as good as you can and consier that AWESOME that you are doing something to be proactive!
I wont be there this weekend but just wanted to send hugs your way!:)
I agree with Tereza! Just take one day at a time, and do what you can on that day. I haven't been to the gym since Monday, have been SEVERELY PMS'ing and eating everything in sight. I was tempted to be angry at myself and then feel irritated at the kids, but you know what? I know this time won't last forever. I'll be back in the gym, eating healthier. So for now, I just let it be. Even though I feel like all my hard work is going to waste. =(
It's so good to know that others are in this same battle; everyday life, all the little things that crop up, the things kids do that you NEVER expect and how it affects you. It's so encouraging to think of you other moms, standing firm, and cleansing yourself.
I am so thankful to be a part of that "club". I'm so thankful for each of you and your battle to remain in a good spirit!
Josh took the Explorer today, which means I have no car seats cuz he forgot to take them out. ;-) Otherwise I'd come give you a jump. Wait, I'm not sure we even have jumper cables, lol! But we could at least get a visit in.
I am seriously amazed at how well our kiddos played together. It was so nice!
Hope you have a good day and that you are a triumphant warrior with the sun and moon under your feet!!
Post a Comment