I truly am so thankful for how things have gone so far! Today I am out of watermelon and avocados, so my 2 standby's of chocolate pudding and watermelon are not going to be on today's menu. Which, I've had them both pretty much every day for the last couple of weeks so it's going to be interesting.
BUT!!! It gives me a good chance/excuse/reason to dive into the green smoothies like I've been wanting to. This morning I have so been enjoying them that I just felt ecstatic over this FEAST that I am having. It is such good food! I love it! I found the most delicious blend of summer fruits at Costco, frozen. It consists of honeydew melon, white & regular peaches, blueberries, and strawberries. On the package they say their goal was to combine all the colors of the summer fruits for the most nutrition - it smells completely heavenly and tastes just as good as it smells!
So this morning my first smoothie of the day was 3 cups of water, 3 big bunches of spinach, 2 frozen bananas, 1T. ground flax, 1 T. bee pollen, and 1.5 cups of the summer fruit mix. It was so good I felt like dancing when I was drinking it - not just that it tasted good, but that I know this is what I've been wanting to do ALL ALONG and also, my body just embraced it completely. No feeling of "bleh" afterwards - just this light, happy feeling.
So DD3 was begging for some, and then I just decided to make more because I knew I wouldn't be full if I gave her some. So my 2nd smoothie was the same - water, spinach, bananas, mixed fruit - only this time I added in 1 T. of coconut butter and 1/4 cup of sesame seeds. It's kind of cool because before, I would make one giant smoothie stuffing in the entire bunch of greens, and adding in all the extra things like flax, bee pollen, spirulina, etc + whatever bananas could fit. Basically I was just trying to get it all in there and gulp it down so I could have it "done" for the day. It was pretty yucky - palatable and drinkable, but something I would put off and dread in a way...watermelon just seemed soooo much more appealing.
But this way, spreading it out throughout the day so the fruit is dominant and the extras are just that, slight extras, I don't even taste them! It feels great to know I am finally giving my body/baby the nutrition that is the absolute best...! I also am LOVING having the greens already cut & washed in large quantities! It makes it super easy to just grab fistfulls and add them to my smoothies. The fact that they're organic is a huge bonus!
Steady at 158lbs (3lbs lost) this morning which is totally fine - I wish I had been able to get my act together earlier in this pregnancy but I'm determined to just continue on and my weight can just do whatever it needs to do. I know the baby is going to be gaining 1/2lb per week from here on out which means another 4lbs gained or so - so I'm not going to worry about it. But I will continue to log in my progress so I can compare with previous and possibly future pregnancies.
BUT!!! It gives me a good chance/excuse/reason to dive into the green smoothies like I've been wanting to. This morning I have so been enjoying them that I just felt ecstatic over this FEAST that I am having. It is such good food! I love it! I found the most delicious blend of summer fruits at Costco, frozen. It consists of honeydew melon, white & regular peaches, blueberries, and strawberries. On the package they say their goal was to combine all the colors of the summer fruits for the most nutrition - it smells completely heavenly and tastes just as good as it smells!
So this morning my first smoothie of the day was 3 cups of water, 3 big bunches of spinach, 2 frozen bananas, 1T. ground flax, 1 T. bee pollen, and 1.5 cups of the summer fruit mix. It was so good I felt like dancing when I was drinking it - not just that it tasted good, but that I know this is what I've been wanting to do ALL ALONG and also, my body just embraced it completely. No feeling of "bleh" afterwards - just this light, happy feeling.
So DD3 was begging for some, and then I just decided to make more because I knew I wouldn't be full if I gave her some. So my 2nd smoothie was the same - water, spinach, bananas, mixed fruit - only this time I added in 1 T. of coconut butter and 1/4 cup of sesame seeds. It's kind of cool because before, I would make one giant smoothie stuffing in the entire bunch of greens, and adding in all the extra things like flax, bee pollen, spirulina, etc + whatever bananas could fit. Basically I was just trying to get it all in there and gulp it down so I could have it "done" for the day. It was pretty yucky - palatable and drinkable, but something I would put off and dread in a way...watermelon just seemed soooo much more appealing.
But this way, spreading it out throughout the day so the fruit is dominant and the extras are just that, slight extras, I don't even taste them! It feels great to know I am finally giving my body/baby the nutrition that is the absolute best...! I also am LOVING having the greens already cut & washed in large quantities! It makes it super easy to just grab fistfulls and add them to my smoothies. The fact that they're organic is a huge bonus!
Steady at 158lbs (3lbs lost) this morning which is totally fine - I wish I had been able to get my act together earlier in this pregnancy but I'm determined to just continue on and my weight can just do whatever it needs to do. I know the baby is going to be gaining 1/2lb per week from here on out which means another 4lbs gained or so - so I'm not going to worry about it. But I will continue to log in my progress so I can compare with previous and possibly future pregnancies.
1 comment:
watermelon makes me dance!!!
Post a Comment