Today I woke up to a little 3 year old cuddlebug with curls...she's so cute how she crawls into bed with me, settles in with her blankies and her finger in her mouth. No words, no fussing, no noise...just sighs contentedly. Then, wiggles. And wiggles. LOL - she never goes back to sleep but it's a nice relaxing way for me to wake up instead of MOM I WANT CEREAL or something like that.
So today I just decided it's time to buy a Costco membership. I've never had one before, but mostly because I hated spending SO MUCH MONEY at Winco and I knew it'd be the same or worse at Costco. There are some basics, though, that I just can't get that cheap with the Grocery Game using coupons, so those I plan on stocking up on with a weekly trip to Costco.
But mostly - produce! I went in super hungry but I was careful with the prices. For instance, they had 4lb containers of grapes that looked DIVINE (cuz I was hungry!) for $7.99. But that actually comes out to be $2/lb and I know they go on sale often for $.88-$.99 per pound at the grocery stores around here. So what I did buy was watermelon, mangos, pineapple, bananas, and tons and TONS of greens. For a while now I've wistfully thought of the greens there - the big 2lb containers of organic premixed baby greens and spinach for $3.99/$3.49.
Anyway, I'm excited to have lots of greens for salads again and also rice and beans which were nonexistant in our house since they never go on sale w/coupons! So hopefully lots more frugal dinners with shredded meat instead of big chicken breasts for each person. I've found the meat stretches much further when I cook the chicken in the crockpot, shred it, and THEN apply it to the casserole.
Another thing - frozen fruit! I bought big huge 5lb bags of strawberries, blueberries, and mixed fruit. YUM I am looking forward to mixing those with my ton of greens for some great tasting smoothies this week. So far today at 5pm, 100% raw!
Note to self for future reference: 30-day raw challenge starting weight at 32 weeks pregnant, 161lbs. 34lbs gained total so far.
1 comment:
Congrats on your 100% raw day!!:)
I need to stock up but did much better today:)
Post a Comment