Oh. My. Gosh. Last night was ..... awful! I don't know what's going on, but my tooth was 100 times worse last night - from 10:30 until FOUR O'CLOCK I endured the most excrutiating pain. The sounds come from my body were akin to those when I was in labor, I am not kidding. I almost, almost, ALMOST decided right then & there to just head right into the ER.
You know when you're about to get a filling, and they tell you it'll be a "little pinch" as they stick you with a needle? Most of the time, it's like a 2-second OUCH and NOT a little pinch, but it's over with pretty quickly so whatever, not that big of a deal. This felt like that 2-second OUCH, only over ... and over.... and over... almost consistently solid. I took Tylenol to begin with and that really didn't do anything. Finally after waiting 3 1/2 hours I broke down and took the Vicadin. I really REALLY didn't want to, but I was so desperate! I had already tried Tylenol + Unisom (a sleeping pill) in the prior hours and they didn't work at all, except to make me sleepy but that jabbing pain kept waking me up.
So anyway, I kept praying and crying out to God to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take this pain away, I can't take it! I was all alone, everyone else was sleeping, and I paced back & forth, unable to sit still in any position for the throbbing pain. It would ease and I would collapse into bed, only to be woken up again 10-15 min. later practically crying. Finally at 4pm, 2 HOURS after taking the Vicadin, blessed sleep came and I was able to sleep for 3 hours until my little one woke up for the morning.
So guess what. I am super fed up with this whole thing - I mean come ON, I'm a mom of six PLUS 33 weeks pregnant - and I am in serious, 10-on-the-scale pain. You can't tell me that I just have to suck it up until my appointment in FIFTEEN MORE DAYS. No way. I am a total zombie today from lack of sleep but my family and my home keep on trucking - the needs are still there and I have to force myself to keep on going.
In the morning, as soon as they open, I am going to call and am not going to give up until I get in - it's ridiculous that I should have to go through this especially at night. Today my tooth was better, I could actually bite on it and it almost itches - which makes me wonder if some kind of healing is going on? Who knows. It's starting to hurt more as the day wears on, though - it's 5:30pm now and I'm feeling little flashes of that same pain that was continuous last night. My ears have been plugged the ENTIRE day (side effect of going raw, for some reason it always does this esp. when I'm pregnant!) and I am just, ouch, trying to cope with a throbbing tooth.
So now that I got all that out, LOL, on to bigger & better things! Today is day EIGHT of 100% raw and I had a harsh temptation today. Coming home from church I made Hoagie Roll sandwiches for the family - out of lunchmeat, cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, and hot mustard. This is one of my alltime FAVORITE sandwiches!! So basic, but so all-American with chips & pop, right? Lots of good memories associated with that type of food, blah blah blah.
I was hungry, tired, emotional from everything going on in my body, and there was one whole roll left. Just for me! Was I ever tempted! I even actually took a bite of DD's sandwich and then promptly spit it out - I realized that I didn't really want the food, I wanted the TASTE and TEXTURE of the sandwich as well as the memory of how yummy it was. But NOT the aftereffects - I visualized those and it really wasn't as appealing anymore. And I didn't want to break my 30-day raw challenge.
So that was averted, and instead I had watermelon & avocado pudding. Now I'm happily full and won't be having any of the sandwich, thank goodness. Oh and another pound lost this morning! So that's 6lbs released so far in one week - I'm down to 155 which is a total weight gain of 28lbs. Yay! But I'm going to tell the dentist that I'm losing weight because of not being able to eat - I'm basically on a liquid diet right now. And I know in the world of "normal" that is not good for a pregnant person to lose weight so.......hopefully that'll give me more ammo against their hemming and hawing as to why I am not able to get in right away.
1 comment:
It sounds like that tooth is severly infected and they'll just put you on antibiotics for 10 days and not fix it until the infection is gone so MAKE them get you in...alll they have to do is sign the percription!!!!!!!
Post a Comment