I was thrilled this morning to see a total of 5lbs released since I started my 30-day raw challenge! But I also know that the minute I put any SAD food in my mouth it's going to creep up SUPER fast again so....as long as I'm diligent to not do that, those pounds will stay "released". Kind of exciting, though - this has only happened once before, ever, during pregnancy - and it was also when I went back to lots of green smoothies with mostly fruit. I think my fat intake was lower too, but I did have seeds and some other nuts here & there, as well as a Thai coconut every morning.
In general, for my body, I have noticed that I thrive on low fat raw - but I've never done it while pregnant before. Not that I plan to specifically, that would be too restricting for me right now, but some days are just naturally lower fat especially the days when I don't have any avocado's in the house.
Yesterday was really fun! The kids were actually really well behaved at the doctor's office - Rachel-9 was such a big help with Jack-1. I never really had to ask her, she just naturally saw him doing something he shouldn't and scooped him up, entertaining him in other ways. It was really sweet for me to see that because she is NOT the type to be a "helper" because she wants to make it good for Mom. Well, very rarely anyway. It's a blessing that she loves Jack and I know she thinks it's pretty cool that he'll go to her when he's crying and accept her soothing and then be happy - he's not like that with anyone else except me & Daddy. =)
Afterwards we went to a park with our scooters and skateboard and walked a good 45 minutes on some long trails. The kids found a BIG field full of really tall grass and had alot of fun running and then dropping to the ground, thus "disappearing". Afterwards we went to DH's work and picked him up, and he drove through the big city (I don't do BIG cities very well, especially with tons of one-way, narrow streets!) to a very cool park. I put the picnic table together with our "dinner" which consisted of meat & cheese sandwiches, chips, brownies, and juice pouches. Quite unhealthy, but they were sooo excited to be having lunch for dinner! It was really cute.
I was really tired yesterday but got an energy spurt - thankfully! I also noticed that I rarely got frustrated or upset with the kids...I felt really calm and even-keeled all day. I truly believe that how I eat affects the way that I am outwardly - I notice it 100% of the time!!
I brought 3 32-oz bottles full of smoothies containing water, greens, flax, fruit, and bee pollen with me. It lasted me about 5 hours which was perfect! I noticed while we were driving through downtown, there are TONS of restaurants, and I felt nostalgic .... I found myself wishing that DH & I could go out to eat. It has such good memories for me! But while it was the memory I was longing to recreate, the food itself was kind of a take it or leave it sort of thing.
I'm also noticing NO cravings at all for junk food!! That is really really nice, and I've heard that lots of greens will do that for you...must be working for me! I estimate that I have about six big fistfulls of cut greens per day. I made that chocolate chunk pudding cake for the family the other night, cut into squares like brownies. Normally that is something I would have NOT been able to resist, but there was barely any temptation. Also the garlic bread & lasagna - that's also one of my favorite "SAD" meals. I love that it is getting easy in that way, because the cravings really are hard to resist esp. when pregnant.
The other thing is - no underarm Body Odor! Yay! Fascinating to me; before I knew about raw I never really even thought about "why" we stink under our arms - but it was quite the revelation to find out that it is because of the toxins in our body that are trying to flush themselves out. Particularly meat - I won't go into the details but it's pretty gross knowing that it's fermenting in my body and that is the smell coming out. Last night was about 40 hours since I'd taken a shower, with no deodorant used at all and under my arms smelled exactly the same as the rest of my skin on my arms.
My tooth has swollen now to the point where I can't chew at all. I tried eating sunflower seeds on the OTHER side of my mouth yesterday, and was treated to shocks of pain as my mouth naturally tried to grind them like normal. Ouch. After that it was pretty bad, and my midwife said it IS OK for me to take Vicadin if I need to. But honestly, I just don't want to put anything that powerful in my body! I took 2 extra strength tylenol last night and that seemed to help alot - so I'm going to leave it at that for now.
I realized that ALL the food I've been eating for the past 5 days has been mushy! So it's actually a blessing - I don't have to chew anything solid for now, even nuts I can blend with water to make "milk". Watermelon, green smoothies, chocolate pudding, swishing oil each morning, thai coconuts, bananas, orange juice - all of my "favorite" simple raw food I've been eating are easy on the mouth. Thankfully! I found a Jack LaLaan juicer on craigslist for $50 that I might buy - I am sensing that I need to get more veggies in my diet, and that would be the perfect answer. Juicing veggies in the morning is what I plan to do as soon as I find a juicer.
2 comments:
Oh my...how much longer till you get to see the dentist?
5 pounds released is AWESOME! I noticed with my last pregnancy that watching what I eat about 70% of the time made me gain WAY less weight....so even if some days you can't remember that every day that you DO...COUNTS!! I'm glad you feel better!
Hey Sherah,
I don't know if it would help or not, but when I got my wisdom teeth out they gave me this rinse that is anti-bacterial. Would you like to try it? Maybe it would help with the infection/swelling?? Anyway, if you'd like you are welcome to it! Congrats on the weight loss and raw eating!! =)
Post a Comment