Friday, July 03, 2009

Week 39: Day 6 ~ Whew, it's hot!

I am soooo thankful for window air conditioners!!! Without them I would be so truly miserable right now. We have three bedrooms, and this year for the first time ever we have an air conditioner in every bedroom. During the day we keep ours running, and at night all 3 are going. The past few days have been getting steadily hotter - in the upper 80's and lower 90's. At around 2pm our house starts to cook. And gets hotter & hotter - right now it's 5:30pm and our thermostat says 86 inside. I've been escaping into the cool bedroom every half hour or so - it's SO HOT in here!! And outside too, actually.

Pregnancy wise nothing is happening, just like I knew it wouldn't. The baby really, REALLY doesn't have any more room to grow - but still insists on moving around and trying to do the same flip-flop sort of somersaults it was doing at 7 months. Yeah, not really gonna happen, little one!

I'm not really eating that great, except for fruit or green smoothie until after lunch, and then no food after 7pm. That seems to be working great for me so far - although I haven't weighed myself lately. Guess I'll leave that for Sunday when I'm officially in week 40. I've been feeling like my ankles are swelling a bit, but when I look at them, they look normal. Trying to drink alot of water in this heat - especially when I'm not having much juicy fruit - SAD food is really dehydrating for me.

But over all, I feel really good! I LOVE being tan because it makes even the most dimpled skin look semi-okay, lol. On the 1st of July, 3 days ago, my house help started...she does whatever I need her to do every weekday from 8-5, and we're paying her a flat fee for the entire month. It was so so so nice to have her stay home with the little ones while I took the older ones to the pool for several hours. It felt super relaxing to lay in the sun and play in the water with my older ones, not having to worry about an 18 mo old and a 3 year old the whole time.

You know what's weird? I'm really laid back about this baby, as far as getting ready goes. I still need to get the clothes out and wash them, and I haven't gotten the baby bed OR the baby gowns from my sister yet. And I'm due in 2 days! And still could use a couple of nursing bras (so far I have one that fits me) and also nursing pads.

So not that much going on, not even contractions. It's happened twice that they were regular and fairly strong for about 3-4 hours, but always just kind of go away, usually at night when I go to sleep. I'm getting really excited to meet this little one - and gosh, we seriously have NO name picked out for either a boy or girl. Lame, huh? But I just can't get into it for some reason...I think I got to the "E's" in the girl's name baby book and then fell asleep. lol

No comments: