Wednesday, July 29, 2009

9 Days Postpartum

Ola! I can tell I'm healing faster this time, with having so much rest and being pretty much stress-free. It feels so nice not to have to worry about the house, or the kids, or DH...I can sleep when I need to. The only time I'm alone to take care of the kids is when I send the nanny with the older ones somewhere, and from 5-6:30 between the time when she leaves and DH comes home from work. It doesn't come without a $$ price, but it is WELL worth it for sure!

I've been very pleasantly surprised to see the scale dropping a pound every single day! I've been trying very hard to eat raw as much as possible, and succeeding most of the time. I also started doing the Primary Back Stretch from T-Tapp, which takes about 5 minutes and involved stretching in a yoga/pilates combined way. Today will be my 3rd day, and I am still sore - but not extremely so, and just in the muscle areas that I worked on, not my stomach. I am hoping it will help strengthen my back, which always hurts quite a bit after I have the baby with nursing sitting up in bed.

So here are my weight stats so far - I've almost lost half of my baby weight! Ha ha Tereza for teasing me about all of my little dates and numbers, lol. In college I majored as an administrative assistant and took lots of accounting classes - I do really well with black & white NUMBERS in front of my face. Almost as if, once I can see them written down, then I know I've progressed. That's why I love the scale so much! And yes, I'm the "nerd" in the family who takes care of the budget and loves to work & rework the numbers as we work to pay off our debts little by little each month. Ah, the simple pleasures in life! =)

End of Pregnancy Weight: 162
3 Days PP: 154, 8 lbs
4 Days PP: 152, 10 lbs
5 Days PP: 150, 12 lbs
6 Days PP: 149, 13 lbs
1 WEEK PP: 148, 14 lbs
8 Days PP: 147, 15 lbs
9 Days PP: 146, 16 lbs

My clothes are not getting noticeably loose yet, although I'm wearing a pair of denim shorts right now that were indecently too tight during my pregnancy just a couple of weeks ago. They now fit me comfortably but that's after wearing them all day and kind of stretching them out.

Also, my stomach is still shrinking - yay! I can tell because when I ordered the belly bandit on Friday my stomach was 37.5" around from the belly button. Today it is 36" - and today my belly bandit is coming! I can't wait, I hope it's everything I've read that it is. Most of all, I hope it's not super uncomfortable to wear, especially at night. I don't really care of it shows under my clothes because I'm not going anywhere these days, anyway. I'm soooo curious to see if it makes a difference with that postpartum belly bump that lasts for months even though the uterus is fully shrunk to it's normal teeny size!

The midwife appointment on Monday went great! Harmony's birth weight was 7lb 0oz, and then dropped to 6lb 9oz when we left the birthing center on Wednesday. 5 days later when the midwife came on Monday, she was back up to 6lb 15oz! That is SUCH good news for me - that means my milk is making her gain and she's getting enough. I'm being really, really diligent this time around to drink 6 cups of tea, 9 Fenugreek capsules, 6 Postpartum tablets, at least 8oz of spinach, and 3 capsules of cod liver oil every single day. With Jack I kept on forgetting. The midwife also suggested oatmeal and beer - which I will not hesitate to try if I feel like Harmony is not gaining. I really want to breastfeed her a long time if I possibly can, and I would love another chubby baby!

I'm working on the birth story now, and have about 1/8th of it done, lol. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Tereza said...

So nice to read all your detailed little updates:) Do you have a goal weight again this time?

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your updates too. I feel like I'm kind of seeing the other side, since I recently found out that I'm expecting! =)

The Skinny Turtle said...

Sherah-
If you start having problems with your milk, DRINK TEREZA'S nursing drink stuff!!!

I made it one time for Liz, and she has LOADS of milk, it's SUPER rich and creamy. Savannah gained a POUND in 4 days!!!! And Liz is pumping and storing for when she has to go back to work, and the milk looks like pure colostrum. Super thick and nutritious.

Way to go on the weight loss!

Let me know how that belly bandit works; I wonder if I can use it, almost 2 years after having a baby? LOL