Wow, so many things going on in my head it's hard to write them down! I've often thought it would be one of the hardest things to go through, to be told that your due date is wrong when you near 40 weeks. To be told that you have another week left, would be so hard!
But now, here I am, in that same exact position EXCEPT that it's not one week. It's one month. I know, crazy, huh? My midwife called me this morning and confirmed that yes, the ultrasound did come up with a new due date of August 4th. While I personally think that might be a wee bit off and she also agreed it's not entirely accurate when they're this full term, I'm going to go with it and just adjust my thinking to the fact that I now have 2 1/2 weeks left until I am due - and probably longer than that, figuring in the fact that I usually go overdue.
It's been quite the rollercoaster ride emotionally, almost like dealing with death/grief except obviously not as extreme. More like the death of a dream - or an expectation, that my life revolved around the fact that I was supposed to have my baby on July 5th and everything since then has been one big wait.
First shock, then denial, then acceptance and tears, then "why?", and then resolve to make the most of it and see it for what it really is - a situation sent PERFECTLY straight from heaven as the very best I could possibly have. Not okay, whatever, kind of the best - THE. VERY. BEST! The most excellent way it could have turned out! I am thankful that I am able to see it that way, so very thankful. And God is doing such a work in my heart already through this - I can't see how it could have been any better anyhow! Being in so much need that you cry out to God for help is always such a wonderful place to be. The best place to be.
So, on to the ultrasound. The midwife said that my amniotic fluid is a little low - that a normal range is from 5-20, and mine is a 4.9. So up the liquids, she said. And the biggest indication that I am not yet due, is that my cervix is still long - it measures 5 centimeters. To have the baby, it needs to be at 0. Also, the baby is estimated to weigh about 7lb 4oz right now - which is cool to know, because if I did have it "early" so to speak, it's a good weight for that. The baby seems very healthy in all respects so that's good news too.
One thing I've thought about, is that when I was recently walking, I was thinking geez, why didn't I do this earlier? It's so dumb that now I'm finally walking and I'm about ready to have the baby...so there won't be any regular, routine exercise established in my body before it comes. But now I'm thinking hmmm...I have 18 days until I'm due. That is plenty of time to get into a nice routine of powerwalking for 20 minutes every day! So I'm excited to start doing that in the evenings when it's cooler.
Eating-wise......hmmm. I don't know if I could go all raw at this point, but I can sure do my best, possibly aiming for it every day. Actually, maybe I'll do something like a 100% raw day, then "reward" myself the next afternoon with a treat, then do all raw the next day, etc. So I have something to look forward to, but am still restrained enough that I benefit from being high raw and reap the rewards of that. I think I'll try that, being 100% raw today since last night I had ice cream (ugh) and could use an all raw day to clean things out (lots of cherries & watermelon in the house!).
Another thing that has just fallen into place and been so important for me - is that my nanny has said she is open in August and can help us out that entire month! So I gave her the next 2 weeks off - which is such a weird feeling, but a good thing since we won't have to pay as much MORE than our budget allowed as we thought. I mostly need her for after the baby comes, so that should work out nicely, I think. I hope. She also said she's totally able to come any time (like doctor's appts!) and/or the last week in July if I have the baby or just feel like it's too much, like I need her help.
It'll also keep me busy looking after my kiddos and doing all the housework in the next two weeks so I don't have to keep thinking things like, "My baby would have been xx old by now..."
We're off to the pool today again, 92 degrees today. I don't know if I'll update every day now, but I'll still moniter my weight and just blab away whenever I feel like I need to do some blabbing to no-one in particular. =)
1 comment:
I'm so happy for you that now there is a good reason and your not just waiting and waiting!!! No wonder the oil didn't work!!! Good thing it didn't huh? So 18 days to make sure everything is in order...thats good news!
Post a Comment