Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Week 31: Day 2


It appears that I'm staying at 151 for now - and I ate some cooked food in the last couple of days, so that is also heavier. Weight stats for this week:

Weeks 1-10: 134 to 141
Weeks 11-20: 141 to 141
Weeks 21-25: 141 to 144
Weeks 26-29: 144 to 149
Week 30: 151
Week 31: 151
Weight gain so far: 17 lbs.

I'm noticing more cellulite on the back of my legs & behind now - thankfully it's winter time now so.....time to cover up, LOL! I also seem to be nearing the "getting much closer" stage, as I'm feeling those very slight twinges of pain which are the cervix getting ready to do what it does. I went shopping at Old Navy the other day, and most of the size Medium tops now are a little bit too small. Size Large fits but fairly loose still - my tummy is pulling on the back of the size Medium tops so they look funny. I'm still having such a huge problem with bottoms!! I'm so thankful I only have 8 1/2 weeks left because I'm going nuts with these pants. I bought a pair of size Smalls at Old Navy but realized they're just too big - and that is SO weird for me. To even try on a size Small was so strange because I'm never that small at this stage! They looked so tiny!

So I brought some of my own clothes to a consignment shop today, I figured I might as well get rid of all the size 10-12-14 stuff I have, even though they're my favorites and I really like them. But by faith, I am never going to be that size again so I got rid of them! While I was there, I checked out their maternity section - cute, cute, cute!!! Again though, it was really hard to gage what size I was. Everything is completely upside down & backwards with maternity because all different brands are different sizes even though they all say Medium, for example.

The kids were getting hungry & tired which translates to grumpy & teasing, so I kind of grabbed 2 tops and 3 bottoms and went to pay, asking them what their return policy was. NO RETURNS!! Oh man.

So I dragged the kids into the bathroom, which was the only place I could think of to try them on because the dressing rooms are basically just stalls with curtains that you draw, then get dressed. Um, yeah. Curtains & kids pretty much don't mix. I gave my 5 yr old the job of making sure the 1 yr old didn't get into the toilet, LOL, and then showed them all the bottom rack of shoes which were in there - so they busied themselves with that while I hurriedly tried them on. The jeans & pants I tried on were from Old Navy and size FOUR! They fit perfectly, awesome! The tops also fit really well (so happy about that; I literally have two long sleeve tops right now that I keep rotating!), so we quickly exited & paid for them.

I should've known - seriously, maternity pants are THE most annoying things on the planet. I'm wearing the jeans now, they're really cute with kind of the shredded look. But I'm constantly having to pull them up over my bum! Every time I bend over, the back goes down, and then I have to pull them up when I stand up again. So do they make maternity suspenders? LOL! But I won't complain - I got a couple of nice pants to wear until this baby comes out, and I only paid $20 for both, so can't really beat that.

I was thinking about what I will do differently next pregnancy. I think the way I've eaten has been perfect - I haven't been super super strict, given myself leniency to eat some cooked sometimes, and not gained much even still, so I know it's OK. The baby is doing excellent according to the ultrasound and every other indication possible, so that's good. I think the main thing next time I will change is to exercise from the beginning. I have a hard time doing videos but I LOVE to walk!!! The hard part is finding a time to walk when DH can be home to watch the kids. If I take the kids, which IS an option if DH can't watch them, then they go reallllly slow and I feel like I didn't get in much of a workout anyway.

Okay so here's what I've decided. I'm going to go for a 20 min. walk every time I have the chance to. So if my sister comes over for a while to play with the kids & visit, I'll see if it's OK if I can go for a walk real quick. I'm kind of wary of going for a walk in the dark so that is kind of a problem - DH doesn't come home until it's dark usually. Oh well - even if I go twice a week, it's better than nothing. What I would really love is one of those machines that you can walk or run on - what are they called? Not a stair master....but you know what I mean. They have an ever-moving "belt" sort of thing that you can run on.

Remember I said more pictures would be coming when I turned 8 months? Well, on Monday I'll be 8 months and then I'll take a picture of my current self - comparing with my last pregnancy at 8 months. That should be cool to see - that my hard work has paid off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's called a tredmill!! Hope you can get one but with your small house I'm not sure....they're kind of bulky unless you pay tons and get a fold up kind. I WANT to try videos!! Got any I can borrow?:)
I'm on a diet as of yesterday SHerah! It's totally NOT me! I hate diets or whatever you wanna call them. I believe firmly that good people and also beauty comes in MANY DIFFERENT shapes and sizes. But My hubby and I were talking in the van on our way to Oregon about weight and he asked me how much I weigh. I told him 163 and his reaction was "you could easily use loosing 20 pounds!" I was kind of hurt but I know from before already that he prefers me slimmer. He says he loves me regardless of weight but ya know....it was quite the hint!! OUCH!!
So I'm on a diet eventhough I feel like it's not fair but I mean there are no perfect men out there. And I also know he has victory over lust....so well at least I can become one he can lust for right?
Anyways I am starting with cutting down on starchy carbs such as rice, potatos, bread to a bare minimum and eating unlimited fruits and vegetables and protein(meat, eggs). It's a good start anyway. I bought a great dress for the celebration at our church that is just a tad too snug so it'll motivate me within the next 2 weeks until I need to wear it! Wish me luck!!