Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Week 33: Day 2

Ahhh...another Tuesday! Wait. Wasn't I just saying that last Monday? This week has FLOWN by - and that's a good thing...we were super busy so that's probably why. Thursday night through Sunday afternoon we all stayed at our church's retreat center and joined in on a big celebration weekend which included big productions that required alot of hurrying to this or that place for those involved. It was a mad rush to get the kids up, fed, and ready for their various daycare rooms and then us adults had to be in the production room sitting down by 8:30am.

All meals were provided and the brunch especially was so delicious I ate cooked food Friday & Saturday. What I did that worked for me, was make a huge green smoothie with an entire bunch of greens, bananas, apples, and all my superfood stuff - so that I had half of that (35oz.) before I ate the brunch. Then I'd finish the rest and usually ate some of the lunch, then continued to munch on raw food until dinner where I ate a little of that too. I tried to stay away from sugar and bread, the two things that really drain me the most. And I was only partially successful.

Here's my weigh-in for today:

Weeks 1-10: 134 to 141
Weeks 11-20: 141 to 141
Weeks 21-25: 141 to 144
Weeks 26-29: 144 to 149
Week 30: 151
Week 31: 151
Week 32: 151
Week 33: 152
Weight gain so far: 18 lbs.

I'm having a hard time this week with eating in general. I was 100% raw yesterday, then today up until naptime when I was starving because I waited wayyyy too long to eat, and then ate some wheat thins, nachos, and even some candy from my kids' candy bags! I'm finding that as I am getting larger in size (darn, I need to take that picture I promised you!!) that my house is getting more & more messy, especially when I eat cooked food. It immediately makes me feel heavy, almost grounds me so I feel like I have weights on my feet and every step is verrrrrrrrrrry heavy. Heartburn also returns with a vengeance and all I want to do is sleep & sit at the computer like a zombie. So that pretty much HAS to change - since I'm going to need all the strength & energy I have in these next 6 1/2 weeks - and after the baby especially.

So tomorrow I need a different game plan. I think green smoothies are really the key - I just need to force myself to make them and drink them. I don't gag or anything even remotely like that.....I'm just getting really tired of them and greens don't appeal to me at all. But - they're really filling and I feel the BEST on them....so I'll keep it up.

Actually, you know what? I think I'm going to try drinking exclusively green smoothies for one week and see what happens. I'll continue with my 1oz. of wheatgrass in the morning and the oil pulling, as well as a thai coconut whenever I feel like it since they're so nutritious. I don't even know if I can do it, I couldn't do it before because I got bored too much, but I really want to see if getting in that much greens will make a difference. So for the rest of today and through this next entire week, I'll see how I feel. I'll still be getting in plenty of veggies & fruits - I can add whatever I want to the smoothies, they'll just be in drinkable form. Here are some whole foods I usually like to add:

Bananas, frozen or not
Cucumbers
Celery
Oranges
Strawberries
Mango
Apples
Avocadoes
Greens - red/green leaf lettuce, romaine, spinach, kale, & parsley are my usual staples

I'll continue to add in the Maca, Mesquite, Flax, Bee Pollen, MSM, Green Powder, and Vitamin C - but only in one smoothie per day since that's all I need nutrition-wise. Over the weekend I didn't have time to add in all the extras one time and I noticed the smoothie really did not fill me up like normal. I think it was the flax seed, though - that is really filling.

Tomorrow is my midwife appointment again, and I remembered something interesting I wanted to tell you about last time. She said that the white blood cell count in my urine was up. She asked me if I was feeling sick at all - and I said yes, we'd all been fighting a cold that week. BUT I actually was not exhibiting the same symptoms as my family - I wasn't really sick - but I had been eating cooked food. Which I know the body treats like poison, depending on what you eat...and then it ups the white blood cells to fight off the "poison". Interesting, huh?

Wish me luck in my smoothie endeavors - I hope to report that by day 3 (since I now have to detox all this junk out of my system...bleh!) that I have more energy, clarity of mind, and just overall feel much better.

Pregnancy wise though, I am still feeling fantastic!! I honestly, truly cannot complain - I don't feel "big" and I don't know if it's because I haven't gained much weight (I still can't believe that with only 6 1/2 weeks to go I still weigh what I usually FIGHT to get back down to for nine solid months after the baby is born - and I know I'm going to lose some of it naturally after the baby!) or if .... I just don't even know. I just know that I feel completely awesome compared to ALL of my previous pregnancies put together. I feel like I can just do this or that, like I have a spring in my step - well, at least, when I haven't eaten cooked for a good 2 days.

Oh yeah, lol, over the weekend while I was gone, I received several packages of clothing I've purchased on Ebay with my spending money. Ha! I need to be more careful - I found some adorable camo pants and olive pants that came as a set in the size I wear at Old Navy. They're pretty much very tight. Probably because they're not stretchy, but it made me really regret eating the cooked food this weekend. Everything I bought was too small just a teensy bit - and while I'm a bit bummed I can't comfortably wear them now, I'm sure I'll be really glad for them once I have the baby. Especially because no matter how much I wish it were different, I probably will be wearing maternity clothes for at least a month after the baby is born - and at least the bottoms won't be super huge.

Uh....yuck.....I wish I hadn't eaten that food. I'm sitting here sooooooooo tired and wanting to take a nap, but when I laid down my heart was pounding from the sugar and there was no way I was going to sleep. I've got this pressure of getting my newsletter out by tonight and I just want to avoid it - my brain feels like sludge. Well - I'm looking forward to Friday when I should be feeling awesome from the green smoothies. I'll keep you posted!!!

No comments: