Saturday, October 20, 2007

Week 33: Day 6 ~ I Refuse to Be the "Bad Mood Mom"

Okay so I just wanted to get on here and write this down so that it officially becomes "real". I am NOT going to be in a bad mood on this Saturday and I am not going to let the things that keep happening with the kids change the way I am in my spirit. I know this is not about raw, but hey, this is my blog so it's OK. LOL. I know that if I can just stay in rest then I will have changed the atmosphere in my home and made a difference - for the good!

So here's my day so far. Nothing dramatic, nothing huge, but lots of little things that add up. First of all, I am eight months pregnant and I need to remember that. I tend to think that because I feel so good, I should be able to just zip around and get everything done like I had planned that day. HA HA not with five kids on a rainy day! So I woke up early because DH is leaving for the day to go help a friend move. I needed to go to the store for some strawberries to top my raw cheesecake I made last night (and I wanted to eat it for breakfast...yum!) but also to get some Sunday (yeah they come out on Saturday) papers for my weekly coupon run. Well, the Sunday papers weren't in yet - maybe in a couple of hours, they said. Okay so like I'm really going to haul my five kids back in the store in a couple of hours. Maybe tonight when DH gets home.

So basically the thing that I'm struggling with is that I LOVE mornings because I have so much I want to get done and I am so ambitious, I feel great, have energy, and I see so much around me that could potentially get done that day. But with all the kids home, I forget to factor that in ... and the fact that they have like a million things they need pretty much all the time.

So I ate my cheesecake, looked at the clock and oh yeah, needed to take a shower. Then the baby needed to get up and be fed - and DD 3 wanted to take a bath. Okay, I though, so today can be bath day for all the kids since that needs to get done anyway. It's pretty much back-breaking work to give four kids baths and scrub them down real good, wash their hair all the while bending over with an almost full-term baby hanging on you. LOL! I kept getting more & more soaked.......fun fun! Before the boys could take baths they needed haircuts, so I took care of that - one has been begging for it, and the other was rather, ahem, NOT enthused.

Meanwhile DD 17mo is getting into the cleaning supplies closet which we still need to get a lock on and also walking into the bathroom every time I turn around to get wet - she loves the tub. The kids are all crying that either they're cold or need to get dressed or their hungry - DD 8 hasn't had breakfast yet and wants cereal - but doesn't want to get it herself. Oh yeah.......because there are no clean bowls or spoons, so I wash her some. DD3 is being potty trained, and poops in her pullup. Suddenly, it's 12:00pm and lunchtime! And NONE of the chores I was so excited about getting done, are. I'm already tired.

So here's the thing. I take a deep breath and thank God for this day He has given me. Never mind that the baby is standing at my elbow crying for the 100th time because she doesn't feel well today......I am going to really press in to take advantage of these opportunities to become a better mom and change. I'm so glad I don't have to stay the same grumpy, complaining mom - I can be thankful for the situations God has planned specifically for me, here, today.

And I might not get much done - but there will be a happy spirit in me AND no demands on DH - that's another thing. I'm glad he can go help a friend to move - and I'm going to be happy with the fact that today is a "free" day with nothing planned - we've been so busy the past three weekends so this is really nice. No agenda!! Gotta' love that. =)

2 comments:

Tereza said...

AMEN!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!

AJ said...

Hoorah for you! Don't settle for less than your best. Don't beat yourself up either, but I am so proud of you for setting your standards higher. Motherhood is so obnoxious sometimes and yet most of the time, the person needing to change is YOU! We learn so much from kids.