
I juiced my wheatgrass again for the 3rd day in a row. I had a little over an ounce this morning - I try to keep it at an ounce if I can, since that is the optimal dose. I drink it on an empty stomach and then wait for at least 30 minutes so it can enter my bloodstream and do it's work! The taste is exactly like fresh-cut grass smells in the summer....not bad at all, I don't even have to plug my nose when I drink it. =) The kids are fascinated with my hand-held juicer that I use, and all gathered around to take turns cranking it around & around before they left for school this morning. While they have absolutely NO interest in drinking some themselves, they're watching, always watching! And what mama does is always interesting - and hopefully someday they'll remember and follow in my footsteps.
My wheatgrass is holding up really well, I'm surprised. I think because it grows after it's cut, so you can get a second & third harvest from it. Nonetheless, I already have wheat berries sprouting and getting read to replant my next batch. It takes 7 days from planting so I need to get on the ball with that!
This morning I had dropped a pound again. Hmmmm. I didn't eat that much "substantial" food yesterday - it was all healthy, nutritious, and packed with all the good stuff in life - but I didn't get in my green smoothie. So no flax seeds, no superfoods, no greens. =( This morning I determined that was not going to happen again, but at the same time, I do want to eat other stuff during the day. It's how I stay on this diet, looking forward to yummy things to eat instead of the blah same, day in & day out.
So this time I threw in a whole head of organic romaine (minus 2 slugs, LOL) and then added just three peaches. They're full of water so they'll go through me pretty quickly as opposed to the bananas which are really filling. Then I added all the rest of the good stuff, and just 4 T. of ground flax seeds, since 3-4 T. is what is recommended for optimal health in pregnant woman. Works for me! 8 T. is what I did the first day, and it was just tooooooo filling. At least I know what is filling, though. Sometimes I mix it into Marie's bananas in the morning and she likes that.
So my soft corn tortillas were ready this morning in the dehydrator and smelled divine. They're all chewy and crispy and soft at the same time - yum! I also made the spicy "beans" last night and they dehydrated all night to the consistency of refried beans. This morning I am going to add tomato sauce to them, then make the guacamole, lime tomato salsa, and "sour cream" and that will be a couple of my main meals today. Looking forward to that! I also have some chocolate coconut pudding left in the fridge - when it gets cold, it turns into the same consistency & taste (almost!) as the chocolate silk pie you can buy at Marie Callendar's. It is my absolute favorite, and now I have a raw counterpart that tastes almost exactly like it! It just has 1 big avocado (which is pretty tasteless when overpowered by the other ingredients), 1/4 c. cocoa powder, 1/3 cup agave, 1 tsp. Maca, 1 tsp. Mesquite (both of which are not required; I just add them cuz you can't taste them & they're good for you!), and 1/2 cup of shredded raw coconut flakes. Blend it up in the vitamix with a little water, and it's sooooooooo good!!
My wheatgrass is holding up really well, I'm surprised. I think because it grows after it's cut, so you can get a second & third harvest from it. Nonetheless, I already have wheat berries sprouting and getting read to replant my next batch. It takes 7 days from planting so I need to get on the ball with that!
This morning I had dropped a pound again. Hmmmm. I didn't eat that much "substantial" food yesterday - it was all healthy, nutritious, and packed with all the good stuff in life - but I didn't get in my green smoothie. So no flax seeds, no superfoods, no greens. =( This morning I determined that was not going to happen again, but at the same time, I do want to eat other stuff during the day. It's how I stay on this diet, looking forward to yummy things to eat instead of the blah same, day in & day out.
So this time I threw in a whole head of organic romaine (minus 2 slugs, LOL) and then added just three peaches. They're full of water so they'll go through me pretty quickly as opposed to the bananas which are really filling. Then I added all the rest of the good stuff, and just 4 T. of ground flax seeds, since 3-4 T. is what is recommended for optimal health in pregnant woman. Works for me! 8 T. is what I did the first day, and it was just tooooooo filling. At least I know what is filling, though. Sometimes I mix it into Marie's bananas in the morning and she likes that.
So my soft corn tortillas were ready this morning in the dehydrator and smelled divine. They're all chewy and crispy and soft at the same time - yum! I also made the spicy "beans" last night and they dehydrated all night to the consistency of refried beans. This morning I am going to add tomato sauce to them, then make the guacamole, lime tomato salsa, and "sour cream" and that will be a couple of my main meals today. Looking forward to that! I also have some chocolate coconut pudding left in the fridge - when it gets cold, it turns into the same consistency & taste (almost!) as the chocolate silk pie you can buy at Marie Callendar's. It is my absolute favorite, and now I have a raw counterpart that tastes almost exactly like it! It just has 1 big avocado (which is pretty tasteless when overpowered by the other ingredients), 1/4 c. cocoa powder, 1/3 cup agave, 1 tsp. Maca, 1 tsp. Mesquite (both of which are not required; I just add them cuz you can't taste them & they're good for you!), and 1/2 cup of shredded raw coconut flakes. Blend it up in the vitamix with a little water, and it's sooooooooo good!!
1 comment:
So sweet! I can just picture you juicing your grass on the kitchen counter standing somewhat far from the counter because of your ever expanding belly surrounded by your cutie pies!!"mommy can I help?"
I guess it's cause I know you and have been to your home...but I can picture it clearly.
See you on the weekend!
Post a Comment