Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Week 28: Day 2





Well...I knew it was bound to happen - I seem to be gaining weight now at a faster pace than before. My tummy is swelling and starting to get in the way - I guess I am, after all, almost 30 weeks! Reaching 30 weeks is going to be cool, because when you're in the "30's" is when things actually end.

But anyway ~ this morning I weighed 146 and it was a scary number to see!! I haven't weighed this much since like what, January? I expect to gain a bunch more, including water weight towards the end probably - I guess the fact that my clothes are fitting the same (except for my tummy getting bigger) is a good sign. I'm still able to wear 100% non-maternity bottoms which is awesome; I hate maternity bottoms with those annoying elastic bands that always slip down off my belly. Or if they're under my belly, then they make my butt look flat because they slip in other places.

I was listening to a radio show where they interviewed a lady who had been raw for 2 years, and then got pregnant. It was really interesting to hear all the supplements she took - and she said that she gained 30 lbs. Yikes! So that made me feel better, actually - since my goal is no more than 25 this pregnancy. I've gained 12 so far. Here's my stats:

Weeks 1-10: 134 to 141
Weeks 11-20: 141 to 141
Weeks 21-25: 141 to 144
Week 26: 144
Week 27: 145
Week 28: 146
Future Week 32 (8 months) goal: weigh no more than 154

So I had an interesting week! On Friday night I went to youth group, and afterwards a bunch of young moms went out to Applebee's. I had my green smoothie on the way, but when I got there everyone was ordering and I just couldn't order a salad (gag!). Salads at restaurants are just NOT a novelty since I make them alot at home - why would I want to pay $6 for a salad that doesn't have any dressing anyway? I could have easily sat it out and not ordered anything but my lemon water but ....... so anyway, I decided to make the executive decision to get something, but something as healthy as I could find.

I ordered whole wheat tortillas, grilled, and stuffed with mozzerella cheese & lots of veggies like broccoli, corn, celery, etc. On top was drizzled just a tad bit of cilantro ranch dressing, with shredded lettuce & salsa on the side. It wasn't all THAT good when I first took a bite, but then towards the end it was delicious to me & I wasn't very full. It reminded me of what I read a while back that cooked food leaves you lacking in nutrition so that's why you have to eat more cooked food in order to feel full (as opposed to getting full very quickly on raw).

Afterwards I felt a bit "off" (remember, I hadn't eaten ANY cooked in like, 50 days) and a little heavy, and the next morning had a sore throat & slight stomach-ache. It was OK though - I ate completely raw the next day, thinking happily that maybe I can have some cooked every once in a while which was really an awesome thought because then I can look forward to going out with DH sometimes.

The next day, I fell & fell HARD. Oh yeah, it was the Doritoes that I bought that morning for the kids' lunch. I knew when I bought them that it was dangerous because they are probably THE #1 thing that I usually can't resist. Sure enough, DH took the kids to his work & I just well, wanted Doritoes. I ate like 2-3 cups of them, then the rest of the day ate spaghetti (vegetarian), candy, garlic bread, cheese.....ugh. But I didn't beat myself up for it - I refuse to get all depressed & down about it anymore because it's just negative energy that I don't need, and my baby & kids don't need.

I emailed Tina & told her all about it - and we both agreed that yesterday was going to be a new day and yesterday I did wonderfully. I had lots of yummy raw food - my chocolate shake, a huge salad (like an entire bunch of greens!) with mangos/avo's/macadamia's, big juicy yummy peaches. It was a good day. My hope is that I'll continue on this path, since I'm so in the habit of eating raw now anyway.

Oh yes, I'm really excited about some things that I ordered! My Halloween costume ebook has been doing pretty well, almost 100 copies sold now, so I ordered some things online I've been wanting to get for a long time. They are:

1. Wheatgrass growing kit - I'm most excited about this. I have really been wanting to grow & juice wheatgrass because of all the wonderful things I've heard about it. One lady even reversed her grey hair by drinking wheatgrass!

2. Hemp bag for sprouting

3. Easy Sprout Sprouter - it's a jar specifically made for sprouting. I have alot of problemms with mold & sprouts going bad and not growing to their potential, so I'm hoping this will fix that.

4. Easy Juicer - to juice my wheatgrass and other things quickly. The juicer I have now is a royal pain to haul out, and clean all the many pieces. This one is supposedly really easy & quick, AND can juice greens like my other one can't. I would really love to get into juicing more, the health benefits are phenomenal!

5. 2lb of Powdered MSM - Here's a little more about it:

MSM helps our bodies absorb more nutrients (vitamins and minerals) Pantothenic acid, Vitamins A, D, and E, inter-enzymes, amino acids, selenium, calcium, germanium, collagnol and dismuzyme are just some of the things we know the body does not utilize properly unless it has MSM to lock with. A lot of the vitamins we take go through the body without being fully used. With more MSM in the body, vitamins can be utilized more effectively and therefore become much more beneficial.

There is a joke that Americans have the most expensive urine in the world because of all the vitamins that go down the drain. Vitamin C does a lot of healing by itself, but without MSM to lock with, it doesn't toughen capillary walls. When MSM is added to the diet and taken with Vitamin C, chronic nosebleeds, easy bruising and varicose veins may be relieved. Vitamin C and MSM work synergistically together.

Every body is different, so you would need to find what works for you, but it is important when taking Vitamin C to make certain it has the bioflavinoids with it because it is then a complete food. Sulfur regulates the sodium/potassium balance in and out of the cell. This makes the cell more permeable and better able to drive nutrients into and wastes out of, the cell. Very vital to the detox process. MSM regulates blood sugar imbalances.

6. Nature's First Food - I am very excited about this. Here's more about it:

Nature's First Food is designed to be taken on a daily basis and especially during cleansing. Contains 100% raw, organic and/or wildcrafted superfoods, the best probiotic formulation ever put into a superfood formula (designed to implant good bacteria in the intestines) and a full digestive enzyme complex.

7. Bee Pollen - I've heard really great things about this too. Here's more info:

Considered by nutritionists to be one of nature's most nourishing foods, bee pollen contains all essential amino acids. Bee pollen contains vitamins A, B, C, and E, and is extraordinarily rich in most of the B vitamins, including folic acid (folate). Some of the minerals included in bee pollen include: barium, boron, calcium, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, and zinc. Bee pollen contains over 5,000 enzymes and the phytonutrients (such as co-enzymes, bioflavonoids, phytosterols, and carotenoids) found in bee pollen also number in the thousands. Bee pollen is 15% natural lecithin.

It is my hope that by taking these essential things, I'll boost my energy and feel much better, including less irritable. I feel like something is missing still in my search for true health, and I'm not going to stop searching until I find it. Of course, being pregnant kind of throws a wrench into my search because I don't know if I WOULD be feeling this way if I wasn't pregnant, but I can only keep looking and trying things until I reach the health I'm looking for.

Guess that's it for now - my 3 yr old is standing next to me throwing a fit because I'm not paying attention to her. Time to go! =)