We have to celebrate the small things, right? So here I am, ecstatic on the morning of the 3rd 100% day, that I've made it this far. Last night I did my measurements, and they are as follows:
Weight: 143
Calves: 13.75"
Thighs: 20"
Under Tummy Pooch: 36.35"
Buns: 39.25"
Bust: 37"
Forearms: 9.25"
Biceps: 11"
Waist: 34.5"
It'll be fun to compare and be able to say by the end of each week that I've lost a total of xx inches. See how I'm speaking into reality what I hope to happen? Maybe that'll make a difference, LOL. Anyway, I feel different today - I feel lighter, and like I'm already losing inches especially in my stomach. Probably totally psychological, but it's a much better feeling to look at my stomach and see a good thing instead of feeling like a blob because I've been eating junk.
I was asked to share what I eat each day, so I'm going to try and be faithful to write it all down. Right now I'm using FitDay.com to track everything, it tells me the calories & fat ratio - and since 811 is all about high fruit and low fat, that's important. I didn't track what I ate yesterday, but I did track it on my first day so here's what I ate:
12 Medium Bananas
Juice of 8 Oranges
Juice of 5 Grapefruits
15 Dates
Total Calories: 2337
92% Carbs/5% Protein/4% Fat
I wasn't hungry when I ate all that fruit for the most part - bananas really do the trick for me. Yesterday, though, I wanted to get in more greens so I made a smoothie of:
Pulp from 9 oranges (nice way not to waste the rest of the orange when I juice!)
2 cups water
1 1/2 big bunch of green leaf lettuce
2 mangos
1 cup of frozen pineapple
3 bananas
I still have some left, that made one HUGE smoothie! I forgot how much I love smoothies for the ease of being able to "grab & go" when you're dealing with lots of children with many needs throughout the day. I also love how my 22 month old sees me with my green drink cup and comes RUNNING, begging for a drink. She is absolutely adorable that way!
This morning I was kicking myself because DH didn't end up waking up until 6:15...and didn't leave until about 7:30. He has a flexible schedule, being the owner of his company, so I'm going to try on those mornings when he does "sleep in" to go for a quick run while he's in the shower. That way I can go when it's light - I just hate walking/running in the dark, way too creepy!
My baby has croup!! He actually had it since he was 3 weeks old in a mild form, mostly manifesting itself when he cries only, with no cough and not worse at night. I have wondered often if it's just his way of breathing since he's had it for so long, but I'm also worried in a slight way that he might have pneumonia or something. But it really hasn't gotten worse until this past week, gradually, til now he coughs a little more and you can tell he's stuffed up like a cold. No fever at all, though...and looking online, they say croup isn't really dangerous until he is sucking in his chest trying do breath while he's NOT crying or agitated. So far he has totally normal breathing when he's not crying so......we'll see. It's kind of scary for such a little baby, though - he's just barely 2 1/2 months old.
Time to get the kids off to school - they all woke up about 45 minutes early this morning, don't you love it when they do that? My 3 year old DD likes to SLAM the door when she wakes up in the morning - at least she remembers to shut the bedroom door when she leaves, but....doesn't do much to keep the other 2 kids in there asleep, LOL! It's OK though because Jack woke up a little before they did so I was already up. Toodles!
Hey!! I just got back on to share this one thing. I have this coat that is a trench-coat style, buttons down the front and is long. It's progressively gotten loose on me since I had the baby - I used to wear it while pregnant and just unbuttoned the middle three buttons to fit my belly. It's a size Large. Anyway, after the pregnancy I could button it all the way up, but my tummy has always been tighter right there, so that if I relax my stomach muscles it pushes on the buttons and creates gaps.
Just now, I left to bring the kids to school and put my coat on - it felt more loose than normal and, guess what! My stomach does not even touch the buttons AND when I push my stomach out as far as I can (you know, like when you stand in front of the mirror and can "make" yourself look pregnant when you relax the abs) it doesn't even make the buttons tight! I don't know how this can happen so quickly, but it is a boost for me for sure, I'll be 100% today - yay!!!!
2 comments:
so when do we get to see postpartum pics of you and baby??
LOL I have them on camera, just need to edit & upload them first. Another thing on my "to do" list....
Post a Comment