Yesterday was my first day and a complete success - I especially feel wonderful about going running; that I think really solidified my decision to be faithful to 811 yesterday. Tee hee, it was funny - my DH left for about 4 hours in the afternoon to go hit some golf balls for practice. Anyway, on his way home he called me and asked if I had plans on what to make for dinner (I didn't - we were going to have leftovers) and what did I think about getting Thai takeout (one of our favorites)? Oh man, seriously - if he had asked me that JUST the day before, I would have said yes, that sounds awesome!! But I sucked it up, and said that sounds SOOOO good but I started my diet today and I really want to stick to it. But honey, totally get it if you want to!!! He didn't end up getting it and that was OK because we had a nice family dinner made of leftovers. But he kind of said "tongue in cheek" when he got home, "Awww I can't even get you to cheat on your first day??" kind of like, can't you just start over again tomorrow?
I knew that if I copped out, it'd be even harder for me to start the next day. Plus, I really think that going running and the sacrifice/torture THAT is, makes me not want to have gone through that for nothing, you know?
I made a deal with my 8 year old daughter - that if she catches me eating something that isn't raw food, I have to pay her a quarter. And if I catch HER sucking her thumb (dentist says she has GOT to stop doing that!) then she pays me a quarter. And I also said that if she caught me eating the chocolate chip cookies I made on Friday night (and ate 6 of them!) yesterday, then I would pay her $5. That definitely works, because she watches me like a hawk and wants that $5! I on the other hand, don't want to part with my $5 so it works both ways. =)
Last night was a rough night with the baby. I need to finish reading the BabyWise book and really get it nailed down what I'm supposed to do. It's all well & good when the baby naturally follows the BabyWise program, but like last night, I put him down to sleep after 1:15 of awake time, and he just would NOT go to sleep. Finally an hour of strugging against it, I fed him again and he nursed a ton. BabyWise teaches that when they do nurse, don't make it snacks all the time - try to make sure that every time he nurses it is a full-blown "meal" with a good 10 min. or so on each side, making sure to get the hindmilk.
Even still, he cried off & on like he had gas until about 11:30pm. Then woke up at 2:30am, then 6:30....and would NOT go back to sleep after that until 8:15. Which, by then, the other kids were stirring and wanting cereal. After that even though I wanted to go back to sleep with him, I decided to go running since this would be my last opportunity while DH slept. He's going to be gone all day fundraising, then hot-tubbing with friends afterwards so I won't get another chance.
When I did my first sprint session this morning after powerwalking 2 minutes, my body responded with so much joy! It was weird - it was like it let out an almost audible "ahhhhhhhhh this feels soooo good!" I love the way that felt, and it felt good to work out the kinks in my sore muscles from yesterday too. Now that I've been sitting at the computer for a good half an hour since I got back, I am getting more stiff - walking like an old lady, LOL! It feels awesome, though - because I know that everywhere I am sore, is where the muscles will start building. I'm sore everywhere, from my arms to my abs, to my calves, to my back!
2 comments:
Congrat...could never do what you're doing:):) but congrats for sticking with what you wanted today!! And the running sounds DIVINE!!! Really...exercise feels so good!
Wonderful! Congrats!
Post a Comment