Monday, March 14, 2011

Oregon Department of Revenue is so funny!!

Ha ha, I think this is really funny - we filed for our taxes on February 4th this year, the earliest we have EVER filed because we're getting a nice tax return. The state of Oregon decided to select our return to be reviewed as far as the exemption credits for our dependents goes. I don't remember how much it is per child, but with 7 children it does add up! So we have to send in a letter describing the relationship with each child, all of their birth certificates, and their social security cards (copies, not the originals) before they'll release our refund.

The really funny thing, is that when I got out the file with all that stuff in it, there was the manilla envelope with the SAME EXACT letter they had sent us last year! Along with all the birth certs, SSN, etc. I'm like OMG seriously?!!! We had the SAME CHILDREN last year - exactly 7. So they verified them and sent the refund. Do they not keep track of them year to year? Guess not! Oh well, it'll go out in tomorrow's mail and hopefully get to us before our Arizona trip. Here's hoping.

No comments: