Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A new home & cod liver oil

Rachel (11) has moved to my Mom's for the week, because my little sister who is 10, wants to know what it's like to have a sister close to her age for the week. My Mom has 11 kids, but only 3 of them are left at home now - 10, 17, and my college age brother. So the 10 year old (who was a twin, the other one died in the womb so we always wonder how it would have been for her if she had lived!) gets a bit lonely.

And of course Rachel thinks that it is SO DUMB that we have so many kids, and HOW COOL it would be if she was like, the only one. So this gives her a turn to see how it's like - she gets her own room over there and everything. I'll miss having her here, she and I "kick it up" a little bit at night sometimes, snuggling in a cozy blanket and watching a movie. Sometimes I'll even run to the store and get some snacks.

But on the other hand....I have to confess that it is nice when all the kids are in bed and that is ALL there is to it. There isn't any more demands for the night, so I can sink into a blissful sleep as soon as they're all quiet. OR just lay in bed with my laptop and surf blogs or catch up on a good show.

Oh, dear. Jack (3) just ran in with a gagging look on his face and said that he just ate "the ball".

Uh...

I asked him to show me more, so he ran into his sister's room (Grace -6) and showed me. Yeah. COD LIVER OIL tablets were all over her bed. Some smashed on the carpet, some of them smashed on her purple sheet. I suppose it COULD be worse, lol! But really, what if it was medicine? Yikes.

Apparently she got them from Rachel (11) who had asked me if she could have a bottle, and keeps it nicely on to of her dresser, out of reach. Except of course, to Grace who sleeps in the lower bunk.

Such is life....

2 comments:

Tereza said...

funny kids....thats just like my 9 year old who was practically crying in the store because our family has home made snacks/goodies and she wants so bad to have store bought!!!!! Other kids would appreciate having a mom who is here to bake cookies...but whatever...it kind of hurt in the moment.

Mom of 12 said...

It seems to me that kids always want what they don't have...I hope she realizes that she really misses all of her siblings while she is gone.
Sandy
www.twelvemakesadozen.blogspot.com