Thursday, February 24, 2011

"To thy glory & praise....I will live..."

This is a song on BMM (our church site at www.brunstad.org) that I have been listening to this morning.

My emotions are so all over the place today!! I almost don't even want to post this, but yet.....it's almost like I NEED to write it down, you know?

Anyway, as always, I am struggling to keep up with everything. Do you ever feel like you're such a failure? I mean, just even SIMPLE things like keeping the bathroom clean is just....so hard for some reason.

I was thinking this morning as I surveyed my home after the older 4 children left for school...EVERY single room in the house, needs cleaning. Every one. Not one little nook or cranny is clean, and I wasn't able to get in my workout this morning due to a delayed school time cuz of the snow.

I SHOULD have used the extra 2 hours of having them home this morning to make them CLEAN! I am just kicking myself - so dumb. They all have a separate room that they are "in charge of" and it is the most wonderful thing - my house gets clean in the blink of an eye when they all do their room. RRRrrr I can't believe I didn't think of that.

But anyway, the POINT of this post is to encourage myself to continue to do the tasks that God has put before me. I almost wonder sometimes if a person gets even more glory and/or oil in their vessel when they have to keep on doing the same thing over & over every day, lol! Like there is no "fruit" of their labor, so to speak.

Regardless, I know two things.

1. I am going to live for HIS glory and praise. That is my testimony.

2. Even though my kids keep interrupting me like, a million times while I'm trying to get my thoughts out on paper....I'm going to be patient. And good. And kind. Using my body language to show them that THEY, not my blog, are the most important part of my life/day.

I always have like these agendas for the day. I am going to get my workout in and keep my calories low. Going to clean the house - if not deep clean, at least do the things that need doing: vacuum, dishes, tidy, laundry, meals. And get in a good nap.

Funny how when any of those things gets put to the wayside, how out of rest I can become! Today I am determined to go to God for help in prayer so that my day can be restful in the way that I am not all tied up in knots and out of rest because this or that did not get done.

What would my day be like if I decided from the very beginning that my home, my children, my family, God....were going to be the ONLY focus of that day? So many mornings I bounce out of bed (okay okay...maybe stagger is more like it, ha ha!) and jump headfirst into my routine, going from this to that thing like a crazy madwoman energizer bunny. Then when the kids settled down for a nap I am sooooooo relieved to just sit down and watch my favorite show. Or surf some blogs. Or take a nap.

But what about time with God? Is that not as important to me?

I've been encouraged lately to take the time to feed my soul/spirit just as I take the time to do my workout, or to eat, or to sleep. And something else that spoke to me so powerfully at the sister's meeting - faith comes by hearing. And can't I speak faith to myself? On my blog, in my thoughts, through singing.....? I always thought of it as hearing from other people, but it is SO TRUE that when I write out my testimony for the day on my blog, I get strengthened!

That's it for today, ladies....now I get to go do the works God has prepared for my hands today - and live to His glory and His praise.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

woohooo we have such a good life!! Go ahead sister...and ENJOY your life as you go about living it!