Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm back!!

It's been a while!! Mostly I've been emailing two of my friends alot, about both diet & The Grocery Game so that has taken up all my time. Like most of you, I only have a sliver of time to spend on the computer so I have to pick & choose. =) But that's OK - I've stayed completely motivated to remain 100% 80-10-10 due to a challenge my friend & I decided to do.

I was on day 6 in my last post, and lasted until day 9 when I ate some cooked, and struggled with it for about 3 days. Finally out of desperation I emailed a friend of mine who has similar weight loss goals; her baby is a little older than mine but we're both trying to beat the post-baby weight and actually get down to our normal weight, whatever that may be. She's on Weight Watchers but we decided to stick with our diets for 30 days with NO cheating and see what happens!

So today was, again, day 6 of that challenge and although there's been some tough times to get through, I've been able to stick with it. It has been HUGE having someone else to talk to and encourage each other - I know for a complete fact that without her support I would not be on day 6 at all.

Along with pledging to be 100% for 30 days, we also promised to exercise for at least 20 min. 5 days a week. It can be any form of exercise as long as we move our booty. And no, housework does NOT count. LOL! We started on Friday and I wasn't able to exercise until Monday, but so far I've done it 3 days in a row - usually longer than 20 min. but it's nice to have the flexibility to cut it to 20 min. if I need to. So far I've done my exercise tape, T-Tapp, which I love although it's very grueling. I'm excited to see the results for that too - I've never actually combined eating raw with regular exercise.

Good news!! I weighed in at 142 on the first day I started, and this morning I was at 138.0!! I was so shocked - and especially glad because last night was pretty tough since DH was gone. He is in Vegas on a business trip and won't be back until Saturday. Usually when he's gone I tend to let things go a bit more around here and end up feeling down and then eating junk as a result. So last night I really struggled with that, and didn't give in thanks to my promise to my friend. I was so happy to see the scale this morning!! 138 is the lowest I've seen it since having the baby, and my goal is to be at 132 by the end of the 30 days. I'm thinking I'm going to surpass that goal at this rate!

Lately I've been eating mostly bananas, like 20 per day or so, and then some OJ, and organic celery & organic cherry tomatoes. The celery is SO good when it's organic - the tomatoes were actually not that tasty, I was surprised. I spent $12 on 4 pints so I was kind of bummed that they didn't taste like the heirloom tomatoes I got used to in the summer. I have also had a couple of steamed vegetables - broccoli & asparagus. It's not completely raw but when it's lightly steamed I think it has a better effect than eating it raw anyway; my body is able to digest it better. So I don't consider that to be cheating - it's definitely one of the most healthy foods out there. I've never made asparagus and LOVED it - I was really craving that & broccoli this week for some reason. Just plain, no seasonings, it really is delicious.

My poor baby has been crying off & on during the writing of this post, I think he's still hungry even though I put him down to bed. I think he has his first little cold. =( G'night!

2 comments:

Tereza said...

Hello there:) I've been checking EVERY day:):)
Anyhow congrats on your weight loss. You have SUPER selfdiscipline when it comes to eating!! I'm on day 2. Much to your surpise I'm sure......but my gut problems have flared up majorly and I've GOT TO DO SOMETHING!! My doc simply said to take anti diarreal medicine!! Um hello?????? how is that supposed to make the problem go away????
Anyhow I feel better. I allow 2c of regular food each day. that's it. The rest is fruit, veggies and nuts. I commited myself to 5 days.
How's the nursing going?
I wish I could have you over or come visit you..I wanna see the baby!

rebeccahuff said...

I'm currently pregnant with #6 and have a question for you, if you don't mind. What do you feed the rest of your family? I feel guilty if I buy fresh fruits and veggies for me, but a bunch of beans and potatoes and grains for everyone else. I can't afford to feed 7 people ONLY fruits and veggies. We used to do that and I spent close to $500 per week. We no longer make that kind of money, so I'm wondering what I should do on a limited grocery budget??? I'd love to see a post on what you feed your family.