Wow, folks, I am on day 18 of eating 100%, no cheating, low fat raw! It's been crazy hard, seriously, and I know without a shadow of a doubt that I will NOT be eating this way for the rest of my life. I can do regular raw for life, but never low-fat; it's just too hard for me personally.
But the good news is I weighed in at 135 this morning (yeah, weighing on Fridays only pretty much didn't work out, LOL!) which is just ONE POUND above my pre-pregnancy weight. Woohoo!! But here's the thing. My last post was on March 14th, TEN days ago - and I weighed just 2 pounds more than I did today. And that is pretty lame results, for 10 days of working SO hard on such a strict diet.
BUT ---- and this is a BIG but --- my inches are dramatically dropping!! I'm loving it, and that is pretty much the only thing that is keep me hanging on my a thread until I get to that 30-day mark. I haven't measured yet, but I can tell by clothes & how they fit that things are getting better. So that's cool! I also have pictures I took on day 10 to put up here - basically 3 month postpartum pictures; that will be soon, I hope. And some pics of baby Jack for those of you who have been asking.
About nursing. My supply has held pretty steady throughout eating low-fat raw. In fact, for the majority of the time, there is more than enough and Jack ends up just laying there in my arms gazing at me or around him, definitely NOT hungry for more, yet there is still more available. Lots of letdown, lots of gulping & gulping! There have been times, I would say maybe 1 time per week where it seems like he gets hungry really often - and I am thinking maybe that is due to a growth spurt. He's outgrowing his clothes, but not really at a rapid rate - he's definitely not a chubby chubby baby, but he does have his share of rolls on his legs and a double chin with kissable cheeks. So I'm not really worried, although I am watching & monitering him closely. I currently am not taking any milk stimulants (like Nettle Tea, etc) but I might start taking it again just in case.
Mama asked: Hi Sherah. Could you post some tasty smoothie recipes??? Do you have a favorite one?
I don't really go by recipes, but one of my favorites right now is a whole head of greens (spinach or green/red leaf) with the OJ of 8 oranges, plus 3-4 bananas. Keep in mind that I have a Vitamix so it holds about 70oz. of liquid & is very powerful. It tastes alot like an Orange Julius...yum!
Another favorite is pineapple, mango, and banana with or without some coconut butter or coconut meat/milk from a young coconut. Mixed with greens if you want to, but doesn't have to be. Soooo good - tastes alot like a pina colada!
My plan once I get down to a weight I'm happy with, probably 120, is to go to a sort of maintenance diet. Basically that will be, eating 100% low-fat raw for 4 days, then one day where I still eat raw as much as it fits, but I am free to eat other things if I like. Anything. I'm finding that such restriction is very hard and condusive to binging - but if I know that if I can plan on having that one special thing or being more relaxed on "Tuesday" or whatever, then I can easily stick to it.
Like right now, I am pretty much telling myself that on day 31 I am going to eat whatever it is that I have been craving. My friend & I are going out to Applebee's for dinner & a movie - and we're going to go get a bar of chocolate to enjoy in the movie + get whatever dinner we want. That has been such motivation for me, just to know that there will be a time when I can let loose and relax my harsh rules. Things like Cheeto's, granola bars, cookies, nachos, chocolate, swiss cheese on crackers, garlic bread - these things have been really hard for me to resist, but I have done it by thinking about having them on day 31 only.
I haven't been writing as much because I tend to email my friend who is dieting with me more - and there's only so much time in a day to be on the computer, LOL! But you can bet I'll be shouting hallelujah from the housetops when I'm done with day 30 so...you'll be hearing from me then for sure. =)
Right now I'm munching on sliced jalapeno's - how crazy is that?? Yes, they're insanely hot but eaten with a few dates in between & lots of water, they're a yummy snack.
1 comment:
After just reading the first 2 paragrahs... I'd say it sounds like you are losing a lot more body fat than you're giving yourself credit for! Like he says in the book, you are maintaning all muscle mass, so you probably looking buff!
Post a Comment